“Less Than Average”

Ginger's
Ranked #14 of 69 Restaurants in Soldotna
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 27 October 2017

So, I was wanting to break away from the usual restaurants that I visit when I am in Soldotna. So, after seeing a review where someone mentioned clam strips, I decided to try out Ginger's since it is rare to see clam strip on menus. I gave Ginger's an average rating simply because they do not appear to use frozen clam strips. The strips were average, but the rest of the plate was a little confusing. It had french fries (not listed on the menu with the meal) and a small scoop of potato salad, odd. There was no coleslaw as listed on the menu. After tasting the bland tartar sauce, I asked for cocktail sauce, but it tasted like BBQ sauce. I won't step out on this limb again when in Soldotna. The service was friendly and welcoming.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

Going to a restaurant located in a mall can be concerning but Ginger's did not disappoint! Our family went there for lunch and the food was amazing! Excellent fried halibut and chicken. Generous portions. Our teenage sons left satisfied, which is a success in itself! And the staff was friendly and helpful in their suggestions.

Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

Skeptical at first but the food was great. Had a basic hamburger and French fries and was pleasantly surprised. A big plate of French fries cooked perfectly. My partner had a bowl of chili and was happy with it. I would give this place a try.

Reviewed 9 September 2016

Small hard to find hole in the wall but seem to stay busy, why because its mostly home cooked goodness from breakfast eggs to pork chop dinner, this place Rocks! find it at the back of our Peninsula center mall and try it, service is also very nice.

Reviewed 11 August 2016 via mobile

Went for lunch both had burgers and Cole slaw. Generous portions.
Wished they would have told us about specials. They had fried chicken special that day that really looked good. We didn't know about it until saw an order go by then I noticed the special board back in the corner. For only a couple of bucks more could have had half fried chicken.
What we had was very good.