“Not Disappointed”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Tried Turkey Red on TripAdvisor recommendation and was not disappointed. Cup of Stew (with artisan bread for me and the Mediterranean Salad for DW. Both great

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 8 July 2012

Have eaten at Turkey Red a number of times, and everything we've ever tried has been delicious. Got some sandwiches to go for a picnic this weekend, and they were great as usual. Bakery has a lot of different selections, too.

Reviewed 28 June 2012

Excellent food and service with selections far from the ordinary. Local artwork, soothing colors. I'd go with an empty stomach, however. The lentil/walnut burger was huge. Took home the rest.

Reviewed 28 June 2012

We went there for dinner and the food was delicious. The portions were very generous (almost too generous) and the service was perfect. Hard to believe that a place like this exists in Palmer.

Reviewed 8 June 2012

I've been to Turkey Red a few times over the years when I'm visiting Palmer. Palmer is a really small, but fantastic town just north of Anchorage. There is no question that the food is really good. It is. The atmosphere is good, but could be better. It's not that they're not trying, it's the space. It's quirky and it needs some work. When you enter you're a little confused because it's not a classic looking restaurant. They have a big front counter where the sell desserts and I'm guessing they do the takeout (but are they really selling all that many desserts to waste this space on some slices of cake?). I had dinner here a few weeks ago and the food was fantastic, the service was personable and I kept thinking " why haven't I come back here more often?". Probably because there's something about the space that's not homey. They have these great homey tablecloths and napkins but the space is cut up into a raised platform, floor seating, around the corner two tops, it looks like it would work but you just don't get a flavor of the restaurant from this layout and it's too bad because the food is really good. I did go one time for lunch and we waited and waited for our food and the server was personable but at lunch you really want speed. I'll go again next time I'm in town because my last dinner was really good. There are restaurants where you think "oh yeah, let's go there" because you know they've got everything right, I hope Turkey Red can get to this point because they're not there yet.

Been to Turkey Red? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK