“Best in Palmer”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Not that I've eaten everywhere in Palmer but this has to be at the top of the list. Nice atmosphere, excellent food, good service--take care of you but not bug you--and a good value for your money. Good job, we will be back :)

Reviewed 16 March 2012

The service, food, and atmosphere are excellent! I will continue to eat here. Love the homemade goodies. They also have themed events that have a special menu. So fun!

Reviewed 13 March 2012

I didn't expect to find such a nice restaurant in Palmer, but this place is really quite good. The menu has nice variety, American/Alaskan with a Greek influence. Prices are in the $15 - $25 range for entrees. The portions are adequate, but not huge. Nice selection of tea, wine, etc., and great breads before the meal as well. The meals are quite healthy and can be ordered vegitarian with some vegan options. Service is very friendly, not at all snooty or pushy as some nicer restaurants can be. Kids would be ok, but it is more of an adult atmosphere, so go early. I visited twice, on a date and with another couple and was satisfied both times. The pasta was good, as was the lentil soup, the spinach crispelle, and the orange sesame chicken salad. If you are nearby, I recommend checking this place out!

Reviewed 24 January 2012

If you're going for atmosphere then forget it. It's in what used to be an old bowling alley years ago and since remodeled so it's not much on ambiance. The locals seem to rave about this place and while the food I had on the evening that I went was good (Beef Stew), it really wasn't anything spectacular. One thing in particular that annoyed me was when the waitress kept coming around to check on us (more frequently than I think was normal) and while I appreciate the attentiveness, she would bend over and kind of get in my face and disrupt our conversation and dining experience. I guess I should try it again to get a better sampling of what Turkey Red has to offer, but for now I'm sticking with "Average".

1  Thank llstelck
Reviewed 21 January 2012

Love this place! New ideas on local grown comfort food, just had a fantastic sweet and sour stew!