“FireWok Chinese Restaurant”

Fire Wok
Ranked #8 of 26 Restaurants in North Pole
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 9 January 2015 via mobile

A Delightful Taste of the Orient . ..Chinese Cuisene a la Carte. If you enjoy fresh healthy food, this place is for you, not just Chinese Take Out.

Reviewed 21 September 2014 via mobile

Great food, reasonable price. Best Chinese in North Pole or Fairbanks. Reasonably priced for area. If you have any idea what Chinese food should taste like, you will love Fire Wok.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

So so overpriced. I ordered Kung Pao chicken, on the menu it is starred because it is "hot and spicy"......I enjoy spicy food. The wait wasnt too long. She brought it out and I looked at it, it just looked off. I took one bite, it was weird tasting and had ZERO FLAVOR. OR ZERO SPICE. She came back over and I told her, and her excuse was, " Alot of people were complaining about how spicy it was" so he just stopped putting in spice altogther. I just looked at her dumbfounded. She said I can bring you some hot oil if you want. I relented. She brought it over and I took another look at my unappetizing dish of steaming crap, and decided I wasnt eating anything. Our server was and unkempt blonde girl with glasses and a crappy attitude. Theres a huge sign saying that everything is made fresh so it may take longer. LOL, laughable. What a joke this place is, and their prices are beyond ridiculous for that slop that they turn out. The only good thing was my glass of water I drank while I waited for my friend to finish her food. Wont be getting my business again.

1  Thank hiam1977
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Fire Wok put their best efforts into providing great customer service and the food are made fresh! The owners are from Hong Kong so they know real Chinese food. There's a bit of wait time but that's what made their food delicious. Highly recommended for everyone that loves some Chinese food. :)

Reviewed 13 April 2013

Save yourself the time, the money, and the disappointment. This is the worst food I’ve eaten in Alaska, and I live here.

We ordered Chicken Chow Mein, Sweet and Sour Pork, and a fried banana over the phone and we were told it would take 30 minutes. We ended up waiting an additional 30 minutes in the restaurant for our ‘meal’. Altogether, it was approx. 70 minutes from the time we ordered over the phone until the time we got our food. All but one of the employees that were working that night were high school aged and they looked like they did not have much restaurant experience. The two young girls working behind the counter were polite but it did not make up for the poor service.

Upon getting home we found that our food was very cold. The food could only be described as Chinese food made by people who don’t know what Chinese food is. The Chicken Chow Mein was mostly soggy celery and cabbage. The chicken was mostly dark meat; not my favorite. On the plus side, the Chow Mein noodles were good and crunchy. The Sweet and Sour Pork consisted of pieces of unidentifiable, tasteless white meat, undercooked white rice, and a red sauce that could only be described as vegetable oil with red food coloring. The fried banana was good even though it was cold. We ended up throwing all of the Chicken Chow Mein and half of the Sweet and Sour Pork away.

I don’t know why this place got so many good reviews but I won’t be returning to find out. There are many very good Asian restaurants in the Fairbanks/North Pole area. There is no reason to take your chances with this one.