Cape Fox Lodge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Inn at Creek Street(Ketchikan)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
Gilmore Hotel(Ketchikan)
The Cedars Lodge(Ketchikan)
View Hotel
My Place Hotel-Ketchikan, AK(Ketchikan)
Metlakatla Hotel(Metlakatla)
View Hotel
All reviewscable carcreek streetnative arttotem polesgreat viewchef christopherbriespent one night herelobby areain townwater viewroom was largecruise linerooms are nicesmall towngreat place to staydowntown ketchikan
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 July 2011

We recently stayed here on a business trip and were quite disappointed. Unfortunately my family that ate at the restaurant believe we got food poisoning from an undercooked hamburger. While we reported this to the manager and were more than willing to review the situation we found that the staff while sympathetic, did not address our concerns. We were extremely frustrated at their unwillingness to address these issues. We requested our meal comped several times (it was not) nor did they attempt to make any accommodations to review the situation or put our concerns at ease. The floor manager seemed unable to make any accommodations and the manager, though informed, made no attempt to contact us. We found it unbelievable that so many levels of hotel staff were unable to address this or take any responsibility. We would most definitely not stay here again and recommend staff take a course on customer relations.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank opasushi
Reviewed 9 April 2011

I've had to do overnights at a number of hotels in Ketchikan, and this is by far the nicest. Great service, lovely rooms with a view, and the restaurant/bar has tasty food and, as a single gal, I never feel uncomfortable going in for a glass of wine before dinner.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 February 2011

If you are staying on business and need to utilize the internet I would not stay here.
There was almost no signal in the lodge room and too slow to use, air card just roamed. THe outer rooms have no access. Do you really want to do all your work in the lobby? No workout room, no business office. Slightly worn rooms, dated carpet etc. Drapes were so worn they had bent out of shape and had gaps. I have a hair clip on them to keep them closed. THis could be an ok vacation hotel with the tram access, a nice dinner spot etc. The hotel does seem very clean even though worn. The staff tries hard to ensure guest needs are met-within the means available to them. For business would stay at Best Western.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank rizarain
Reviewed 30 January 2011

I am in the military and have moved every three years my entire life. I am writing a review based on several visits to this location as opposed to speaking about a place I have visited only once.
I have not had the need to stay in this hotel overnight. This review is based solely on the restaurant alone. There are very few restaurants for local people to visit; Cape Fox is considered “upscale” for this area. Keep in mind, this is an island and upscale here is…well…let’s just say they won’t turn you away for showing up in Xtra Toughs (Ketchikan slippers) and jeans.
I have been to this establishment several times over three years and the first thing anyone needs to hear is…EXCELLENT customer service.
Next…well….we will start with the apps.
My favorite is the Lox Flatbread. I live here. I catch salmon and smoke salmon. I have yet to equal what they serve. For all I know it is purchased from a store and over processed but dang is it good!
Next…my husband’s favorite is the Baked Brie and Crab Dip. While he loves it, I take issue with it. What he tastes? Yummy, creamy, chunky and filling sustenance. What I taste? Greasy, substitution crab mess in my mouth. And way overpriced. We live here and still get way overcharged for something we can go catch ourselves for WAAAAY less.
Calamari…The only thing I can say is how can you screw up a fried food? They should do a coconut version and step it up.
Soups
The “famous” (which I don’t see how) Seafood Chowder
Uhmmm….it is honestly an even greasier version of the Crab Dip. It has no flavor, sincerely, and has substitution everything and some cream…and again…no flavor.
French Onion Fondue
I don’t give a crap what is in it…substitution or not…it is by far one of the best items on this menu. Get the crock.
Salads
The only two I have sampled were the Spinach and the Caesar. They both have downfalls, the Spinach had too many confusing factors and the dressing was way too thick. Caesar…well…the almost got it wrong but if I had to choose I would go with that.
Now dinner. This will be the most difficult for me because I fish and cook my own so I know what things truly cost here. I will let you know right now….items have to be sent to the lower 48 and processed before being served here and therefore the price will be outrageous. That said, the items served here…overall, have zero flavor and all of you could do better by purchasing your items from the local stores and cooking them yourselves. Just eat a sandwich and save some money….dinner in this town is nowhere near as good as you can create yourselves.
Believe it or not, the best VALUE on the dinner menu is the Cape Fox Burger or the Chicken Burger. Not the seafood. I know, I know, you are visiting Alaska and want “authentic Alaskan Seafood”…but please please please keep in mind that although you are in Alaska….not all of the seafood served in restaurants are actually FROM here. Everything HAS to be sent down south to be processed so although you may be getting “Alaskan halibut or salmon”……it is never fresh so why pay the price? Sorry everyone. I love it as much as you do but…after catching and cooking my own…FRESH…nothing in town equates to what my husband and I can cook at home. Overall…Cape Fox has EXCELLENT service with food that is extremely overpriced and no flavor whatsoever. And did I mention…there is hardly anywhere else to eat in town?

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ilem26
Reviewed 2 December 2010

The front desk evening staff was very helpful, professional, and all around fabulous. They recommended the Cape Fox Resturant and everything they suggested was superb! Sandy and Delena gave us not only directions but a map to our destination. They also set up a taxi and called to verify it was on time. All hotels should have staff like these two!!!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business