“Bering Sea Crab Tour was Awesome...”

Bering Sea Crab Fishermen's Tour
Bering Sea Crab Fisherman's Tour from Ketchikan
Ranked #1 of 95 Tours in Ketchikan
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Come aboard the "Aleutian Ballad" crabbing vessel as seen on season 2 of the Discovery Channel's "Deadliest Catch". Depart Ketchikan Alaska for a 3 hour trip to catch king crab, snow crab, octopus, fish, prawns and more. This tour also features some of the best eagle viewing on the planet. Share the allure and adventure that draw fishermen to the sea. Fishing legends that have worked the Bering Sea are your guides, some you may have seen on TV. The vessel has been retrofitted for guests comfort and fun, with a "live" tank on deck to allow for closer viewing of the wondrous creatures brought on board. Guests stay warm, dry and comfortable while we sail calm and protected waters. This is the REAL ALASKA and you won't want to miss it!
Ithaca, New York
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 85 helpful votes
“Bering Sea Crab Tour was Awesome...”
Reviewed 13 March 2012

As seen on the TV show the Deadliest Catch, you get to ride aboard a converted crab fisherman's boat and learn all about different types of sea life in the Alaskan waters as well as get up close and personal with a few. The crew explained different things that are fished/crabbed for around Alaska and showed how it was done. That was exciting enough for me, and also made me wish I had a boiling stock pot and some drawn butter! Yummy! But I was surprised at how engrossed and touched I was in the crew members stories of their crabbing adventures together. They were awesome! It will definitely be one of the main things we look back on with fond memories when we look back on our cruise. Oh, and if you are cruising, book this independently through the Bering Sea Crab Fisherman's website...it will save you a few bucks! Also, there is cover on the boat in case of rain, and heat!

Visited June 2011
5 Thank Leslie L
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Half Moon Bay, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“The BEST part of my Alaskan cruise!!”
Reviewed 13 March 2012

This tour was actually an accident. My sister & I had been on a few tours already without my mother, so when we got to Ketchikan, she told me I had to go with them to town. I had seen the Aleutian coming in from the AM tour & mentioned how cool it would be to go on that. She guilted me into going in to a couple shops. I must have looked miserable, because she says "Just go, you know you want to. I'll cover for you." So I ran to the boat. BEST DECISION OF MY LIFE!!!! What an amazing trip. I bought a T-shirt & magnet & went up top & stayed there the whole time. I shot well over 450 pictures. Terry & the crew were great & so informative. Derrick & Brian were the best. I had not watched the Deadliest Catch before, so I didn't know who Derrick was, but I have since watched all of them. What a job they have! I wouldn't call that a job. They truly love being out there with people & nature. I have recommended this tour to any & everyone I know again & again. The photo book I made from this tour is spectaclular & will make one for the Aleutian crew if they want one. Again....THE BEST TRIP EVER!!! Alison

Visited September 2011
5 Thank Ally M
Minneapolis, Minnesota
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Awesome Tour!”
Reviewed 13 March 2012

We loved this tour. It was fun and informative. My husband watch's deadliest catch religiously so this was a "must do" on his list. It made it even better that Captain Derek(took over on the Cornelia Marie for a season) was working on the tour. All the tour staff was great. Nice photo ops holding different varieties of crabs and at the end you could have your picture taken with the guys who gave the tour. It's a great tour for all ages.

Visited May 2011
1 Thank Kimberly J
Kenilworth, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Hands Down, the Best Excursion on Our Cruise!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 13 March 2012

The Crab Fisherman's tour was the best part of our whole cruise! We have been fans of "The Deadliest Catch" for years and it was amazing to see it all up close and personal. Our Captains and guides were fantastic, hilarious, and very informative. Some of my favorite pictures of our cruise came from this tour; Seeing the traps set and dragged in, watching the soaring eagles as the were fed fish right from the boat, salmon jumping form the water, the octopus timeout, but the best part was hearing the stories from the sea. I would recommend this tour to anyone in Ketchikan.

Visited July 2011
2 Thank Allison S
Brisbane, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Highlight of our Alaska cruise”
Reviewed 13 March 2012

This tour was the highlight of our cruise to Alaska. It was extremely informative and with the crew all being experienced fishermen, you knew that what you heard was coming from people who had truly lived through the Bearing Sea. There were lots of stories, both tragic and funny, as well as a number of different types of fishing experience. For fans of Deadliest Catch its a must - its like an a real life version of inside the show.

We were also lucky and were there on one of the rare fine days in Ketchikan and sat on the top deck. If you can and the weather is not too bad, I'd recommend sitting up there - you can see the action on deck much better, plus you can see the Ketchikan scenery, which in our case included 2 bonus close encounters with whales.

Despite the many other things to do, if I was ever in Ketchikan again, I would definitely repeat this tour.

Visited September 2011