“Perogies like home”

Cuisines: Russian
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 8 October 2018

Stopped here to try the perogies. Very close to what we make at home. Very small restaurant with minimal menu but good food. Wasn’t sure what I was expecting and didn’t expect them to offer hot sauce to put on your perogies.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 7 October 2018

This place is a little hole in the wall that was hard to find - I was looking for it and just happened to notice I was standing right next to it. We got there right as they were opening, so it took awhile to get our order, but once they got going, they were churning out the orders for people coming in. We got the meat dumplings to split since I like to eat several different places throughout the day when I'm traveling. My boyfriend loved the dumplings, despite not being a fan of curry (I think he would have preferred them without curry powder). I think I would have been a bigger fan of the potato (the meat was a little mystery meat-ish to me), but they were still really tasty and I liked the overall flavor with the spices (I love curry) and sour cream. I would definitely go back and try the potato!

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 27 September 2018

Just kidding, maybe.... But yea it's great fast food. one man staff. Great to go late night or whnever really. Cheap eats...

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

Tiny place with great Russian dumplings. That's all you get but all you want Go! You will enjoy the experience. No frills!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 24 August 2018

This little spot was recommended to us by our tour guide. I do not know how authentically Russian the food is but I do know it's deelish. There are basically two kinds of little dumplings (meat and potato) that are boiled and served in little styrofoam clamshell containers accessorized by your choice of various toppings like cilantro, curry, sour cream, etc.

We were here to warm up with a little snack and while it took some patience waiting for the dumplings to be cooked and assembled, they were worth it. There is a nice, calm vibe to the definitely no-frills atmosphere.

Date of visit: August 2018

Been to Pel Meni's? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK