“Juneau Travelodge”

Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Juneau
Anchorage, Alaska
“Juneau Travelodge”
Reviewed 8 November 2011

I have been staying here for almost three weeks now. For a hotel that is so close to the airport (less than a mile) there is very little noise. This is a very nice and quiet facility with a great staff. The Front Desk staff is very nice and helpful. The cleaning staff is likewise very nice and do a great job in cleaning the rooms.
I have read the previous three reviews. I did not have the same experiences. I have been here since Oct.14th, 2011 and the pool has been open every day with people swimming. Although I didn't go into the pool area it looked very clean. My room did NOT smell of bug spray nor did any part of the hotel I was in. The bed was very comfortable and the sheets were changed very frequently. I have only had breakfast here twice and dinner three times. Each time the food was fairly good and the service was very good. In my room I did not have any problems adjusting the temperature. But I have to agree with the desk manager. If you cannot adjust the temperature in your room then open a window and/or turn on the fan and quit complaining about it.
For the price and proximity to the airport I don't think you are going to find anything that is much better than the Travelodge in Juneau. I would say this is very comparable to most hotels in a much higher price range in the Lower 48. I gave this a 4 Star rating only because it doesn't have a 3+ .

Room Tip: I asked for the top floor as I do at any hotel. There seems to be less noise and you have a little b...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
oregon
Reviewed 28 October 2011

Booked this hotel for it's indoor pool. Giant sign says pool out of service. When I ask "Robert" at the front desk he snickers about it, and says he doesn't know why it's closed or when it will be fixed. I asked what time we needed to leave the hotel to be on the ferry on time and he put us there 3 hours early. We also asked him to reserve the shuttle for us, but the next morning no one had any idea we needed a shuttle. We cancelled our 2nd night and the charge hit my credit card anyway! Luckily corporate straightened that out for us. The room was ok and the mexican restaurant attached was excellent -and surprise -they had great customer service. Robert could learn a few things from their waitstaff.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Juneau hotels

Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 20 October 2011

Place is a dump, only stay here as a last resort. Restaurant never got our breakfast out (after an hour), which almost caused us to be late for our meeting. The rooms stunk of bug spray.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank taco j
Reviewed 18 September 2011

The evening desk manager was not helpful at all. Rude! Room was hot when we asked how to control heat he said open the window and turn on the fan sitting microwave. Bed was hard. Stayed two nights room was never cleaned. Worst place we have stayed in along time. Grandmas house looks nice stay there.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank Janet H
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 9 September 2011

This hotel is great. Kitchenettes in the room so you can buy some groceries and do some cooking which is fantastic when travelling for any amount of time (you can only eat out so much). Free in room wifi, courtesy bus downtown and to and from the airport/ferry. Great looking swimming pool. Short walk to public transport if like me you didn't hire a car making sightseeing easy.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo