“Great Place to stay”

Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Juneau
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
“Great Place to stay”
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Excellent well priced place to stay close to the centre of town. We were made feel very welcome and all the staff were friendly and went out of their way to help.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 20 July 2012

I think the quality of rooms varied greatly at this hotel and we probably stayed in the worst of the lot. It was small and stuffy and much in need of an update. No a/c generally isn't a problem in Juneau but with no other ventilation than the door and small front window we had to leave the door open for an hour or two at night to air the place out and cool it down. The temperature combined with uncomfortable beds made it difficult to sleep. On the positive side, the people at the front desk were very friendly and the complimentary shuttle to/from the airport/ferry was a nice benefit. However, if we could do it over we would have spent more to stay somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2012
East Alton
Reviewed 13 July 2012

We stayed in the hotel for 10 days and had a fabulous time. We rented a ground floor two bedroom apartment. It was clean, stocked with dishes, dish towels, pot & pans, microwave, fridge and stove, leather couch, table and chairs; a queen bed in one room and a pair of twin beds in the other; a color flat screen TV, WiFi and a coffee maker. Fresh soap was provide evey day with towels and anyother items asked for. We enjoyed blackout drapes in the bedrooms and living room. The staff was excellent as everyone was very friendly and glad we were there. The location could not be better, situated close to the State's beautiful museum with everything else nearby or a short walk. The only improvement I would suggest is that an extra blanket be placed in the room, some additional baffling between the floors as we can hear creaking from upstairs guests. The bathroom is fully handicapped accessable wth a large open shower and would suggest a wider curtain to help keep the rest of the bathroom from getting wet. I would also suggest perhaps some additional noise abatement properties for the water pipes in the bathroom.... they are noisy. But overall, the stay was wonderful and we would stay there again.

Room Tip: If possible, get an apartment if you are staying any length of time..... it has most of the comforts...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Thank goodness I was only staying one night then catching an 8:00 am ferry to Sitka. After arriving at the airport at 9:00 pm I was exhausted, 12 hours of travel, 3 hour time change and still daylight. All I wanted to do was sleep.
I would have expected to pay $39 a night for a place like this. Not clean, not updated, nothing, bit a bed, a tv a bath/shower, sink and toilet. I suppose that's all I needed, although with 23 hours of light, I did expect some sort of room darkening shade. Nope broken mini blinds that didn't fit old windows. The shade in the bath area did not even go down all of the way. The bed was so uncomfortable, the pillows old and flat, icky bedspread. Dark and dingy room. Nice hot shower, is the only good thing. Oh and they paid for a taxi to take me to the ferry since their driver wouldn't have been able to pick me up on time. He called my room at 5:30am to see if I would be able to leave at 6:00. My wake up call was for 5:45!!
I was so, disappointed. I'm suppose to stay there on my way back next week, I'll be changing those reservations!

Room Tip: Read reviews!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank myguenevere

Travellers are raving about these Juneau hotels

Chandler, az
Reviewed 6 July 2012

This motel is a step up from your typical motel 6 or super 8. No frills, a bit dated, but pretty clean. It's convenient to downtown and has good wi-fi.

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple