“An apartment not a motel room”
Review of Juneau Hotel

Juneau Hotel
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Juneau
Newcastle, Australia
“An apartment not a motel room”
Reviewed 12 April 2012 via mobile

Our stay for two nights was our first visit to Juneau. We liked we were a little out of the main town but it was only a short walk to go to shops and restaurants. The staff were always helpful and gave us good advice on the area. We had very comfortable sleeps but our room was away from the bridge side. There was a complimentary shuttle to the ferry terminal which was a good saving. As we'd been travelling for a week we appreciated the washer and drier.

Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Granny-Mae
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Kenai
Reviewed 18 March 2012

I have stayed at the Juneau Hotel almost on regular bases, and I did so because of the awesome friendly staff. Anthony and Rose made it truly feel like home. I was saddened when during my stay in August I found out that Anthony had moved on to greener pastures, but was relieved to know that Rose was still at least there. As I went back to stay in February I was saddened to hear that Rose had left as well. Rose always made sure everything was taken care of with my check in and check out, She always had such a beautiful friendly smile which was nice especially when I had had a stressful day at my job. Now it has to be said, Yes the Juneau hotel is a nice upscale hotel, but without good friendly staff is the stay truly what it should be? I know exactly who Chris G is talking about in his complaint. The old Creepy Guy truly needs to go, I have witnessed him making rude discriminating remarks about women and doing the job. I have over heard him making comments about the Hotel being "Family orientated", or how the staff at the hotel is "One Big Happy Family". yet hearing some housekeepers conversations, along with the shuttle drivers comments, and knowing the way the front desk was treated this is truly NOT a family orientated business. I think the Creepy Old guy needs to retire and let the staff feel comfortable at there job so they can help us guests feel comfortable being there.

Room Tip: Stay clear from the "old Guy Bob"
Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank sillykenaigirl
Chandler, Texas
Reviewed 13 February 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel in late January and while the hotel was fine, full kitchens, very clean (kudos to your housekeepers) the check-in was very wierd. After a long day of delays and bad weather we arrived at the hotel after a long wait in the rain at the airport waiting for thier shuttle. Beware, the shuttle driver is scary (c'mon clean him up a bit!). Anyway, the lady behind the counter was nice and checked us in but this older creepy guy approached us grabbing my wife's suitcase. I'm 6'4" 240#. I can carry our suitcases but despite my protestations he wouldn't let go. Hotels take note: guest service isn't guest service if you upset your guests. He insists on taking us up the elevator and into our room. I told him just to leave the suitcase at the door but he pretty much barged in and stood there. Finally I offered a tip but he declined insisting that we tell him how much we love the room. Huh? Twice he tried to take my wife's hand and telling her that anyone checking into the hotel is his family being invited into his home. OK, creepy guy, you've lost any repeat business from us. This is a bit on the psycho side. My wife was so uncomfortable that she did not want to stay while I went to work so we checked out the next morning and stayed at the Baranof. Now, that's a professionally run hotel. I asked the hispanic guy behind the desk as we checked out who the creepy old guy was and was told he was the manager! Really?? I pay good money for a good hotel room. Business. I have family and if this creep was part of it he'd be voted off the island. Stay elsewhere people.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the other side. The noise from the bridge as cars drove by is horrible. It didn...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Chris G
Fairbanks, Alaska
Reviewed 20 November 2011

I organize a group tour that visist Juneau each year. In 2011, we tried the Juneau Hotel for the first time. The rooms are spacious and apartment-like, with a kitchen and a washer/dryer in each room. The staff were friendly and helpful. They went out of their way to make sure our needs were met. The hotel does not have a restaurant, but there are a couple of restaurants within a few blocks. There's also a grocery store nearby. The hotel offers complimentary shuttle service from both the airport and the ferry terminal. The price was less than what we had been paying in past years. The biggest drawback is that the hotel is located on a busy intersection of a 4-lane highway with tight parking. But the large rooms, amenities, and helpful staff more than make up for that.

Room Tip: Most rooms have a bath tub/shower, while a few have a large, walk-in shower. Ask for the type you pr...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank AlaskaTraveler675
Pacific Northwest
Reviewed 1 November 2011

What I like most about this newer hotel is that every room is a mini apartment complete with a full kitchen. It's a great place for an extended stay as you can wake up and make breakfast in the comfort of your own space. Good location -- easy to walk to downtown. Great staff -- particularly Jim and Rose -- both went out of their way to meet my odd and special request, and make my stay in Juneau terrific.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the opposite side of the bridge.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business