“Great hotel!”

Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Juneau
E Smithfield, PA
“Great hotel!”
Reviewed 25 July 2011

I needed a place to stay that had laundry and this hotel has the washer/dryer in each room. I was pleasantly surprised at the beautiful accommodations. Each suite has a full kitchen, separate seating area with flat screen, a bedroom with flat screen, bath with washer/dryer and of course, that jacuzzi tub for a good soak after a day of sightseeing! The hotel is very clean and the staff is very courteous. Will stay here again if ever in the area.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Delaware, New Jersey
Reviewed 20 July 2011

This has to be the absolute Worst Hotel that I have ever stayed at in all my travels. The room was not clean when I checked in and there was not just garbage on the counters the toilet was left unflushed for a seemingly very long time because the smell filled the entire room. Immediately I went down and requested a new room and was given one story after the next then over an hour later I was given the Same Room which still smelled like the bad toilet with horrible air freshener filling the air that made me sick to my stomach.
Since they already had taken my money I asked for a refund and instead they offered me a different room (which is what I asked for in the first place) and when the manager took me to that room himself I realized how sleezy this place really is when he made me uncomfortable with his fake nice voice and stories about the owner this and that which I absolutely did not care to hear about.
This is one of those back alley hotels that after staying the night there in a room with dirty silverware and dishes with things stuck to them, the phone in the room did not work, the internet kept disconnecting I left immediately the next morning disgusted. I declined their Free Shuttle Service because the van driver was very unkept and I did not feel safe. So I called a cab and left. The cab driver told me that the hotel is know for being a scummy place and drove me to another downtown hotel which was everything that hotel was Not. Never Again.
Beware of the fake nice voice when I called their main office requesting a refund I was treated poorly and laughed at by the man that said he handled such things. The man was rude and as unprofessional as the manager of the hotel was. Never Again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
7 Thank delawarelawyer
marietta GA
Reviewed 13 July 2011

i stayed here with a buy one - get one night free coupon from northern lights tourbook and had no trouble booking the room with the coupon.

After booking in early march, before traveling in June, i looked at the reviews again and noticed the ones about children and got nervous.

When i called to make reservation, i talked with person on phone about which room would be appropriate for my family and i got none of the pushback that other posters commented about. I was worried that things would change upon arrival - but the front desk lady was very helpful and friendly - even to my 5 year old son.

PROS
away from main tourist strip where the cruise ships dock
very clean
efficiency style rooms with kitchen were great so did not have to eat out every meal
laundry in the room
good wifi connection
easy access/parking

CONS
as i had read in other reviews - the traffic noise on the back of the hotel can be annoying - the bridge to douglas island rises up to over the level of the 2nd floor, so you are right beside the noise. Not as noisy as an interstate or 5th avenue in NYC, but if you are light sleeper, ask for a room on the front side of the hotel
not very close to tourist district (also a pro)- it is quieter, with less hustle and bustle, but also a walk from any restaraunts/stores. Not an issue if you have a car

all in all - a decent choice for Juneau

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank marieatta_pman
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 10 July 2011

I stayed in the Juneau Hotel for almost 4 months on business and the rooms were clean, staff very friendly, especially Anthony at the front desk and my room had all the amenities I needed including a washer and dryer!!!

Room Tip: Ask for what you want and Anthony will do his 'magic' to the best of his abilities to accomo...
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank DiamondDar
Juneau, Alaska
Reviewed 21 April 2011

My family and I recently re-located to Juneau. We lived in a few other hotels which were EXTREMELY questionable. We were welcomed to the Juneau Hotel by very friendly staff who did everything they could to make our stay more pleasant. Since housing is a major issue in Juneau, we couldn't be more pleased with them.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business