“Inconsistent service”

Heritage 2nd Street Cafe
Ranked #83 of 146 Restaurants in Juneau
Reviewed 9 August 2017

I went to this coffee shop several times because it was close. The coffee was goo, but the service was inconsistent. My order was forgotten one time. The place did not offer any unsweetened milk alternative. The free wifi was only for 15 minutes

Reviewed 9 August 2017

Not a fan of their coffee, but their basic breakfast was really well done. Yummy eggs and bacon. The staff seemed weary of the constant stream of tourists, as one would be. A bit of a chilly reception.

Reviewed 5 August 2017

We loved the Heritage brand: the cafes and coffeees. We have come home with loads. Delighted also with the ambiance, the style and the ethos behind the venture.

Reviewed 4 August 2017

I stopped here twice, once for breakfast and once for lunch. It's in a very convenient location and is perfect for a casual breakfast or lunch, but I can't say that it anything better than average. The coffee and the sandwiches are quite good. I found the breakfast pastries uninspired and quite mediocre. The service is perfunctory and not especially friendly, and bringing sandwiches to the table was quite slow, despite it not being very busy. My biggest complaint was the tables are not kept clean enough. Tables were not wiped clean and were quite unsatisfactory, despite it not being very busy. Sandwiches and desserts were good. More attention to cleanliness is needed, friendlier staff, and better breakfast baked goods needed.

Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

As I work on a ship I come to Juneau every week and have been to the Heritage quite a few times and today was the final straw and I decided to write my review. The service is shocking, every single staff member had been rude to me and other customers over the last few visits. It is bizarre - there is no hello or thank you and your drinks and food are just pretty much thrown at you. I asked for some skim milk for my tea and the girl huffed and puffed and eventually after 5 minutes put a 2ltr bottle in front of me. It's a shame as the food is pretty good and the coffee as well but for me I will not be coming here again.