“Best Fish and Chips I've ever had”

Alaska Fish & Chips Company
Ranked #11 of 147 Restaurants in Juneau
Price range: US$ 3 - US$ 31
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: CLOSED UNTIL MAY 2018! Watch float planes take off and land at this indoor-outdoor seafood bar, serving a variety of fresh Alaska seafood. The specialty is Halibut & Chips, but you’ll also find fish tacos, reindeer sausage corndogs, salads, and regional craft beer.
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Get the halibut fish and chips combo; best fish and chips I've eaten anywhere in the world, including their birthplace. The place itself is very casual and they have indoor and outdoor seating available. And if you're on a cruise (like we are) it's right in the harbor so it's an easy restaurant to dine and dash back to the ship.

1  Thank Larkus86
Reecia W, Owner at Alaska Fish & Chips Company, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

Best fish and chips ever and only 4/5! Just kidding, Karl. Thanks for the nice review :)

Reviewed 2 October 2017

I was disappointed in the Fried Dungeness Crab that I ordered. With that said, It was the first time I had ever ordered fried. Had I ordered boiled, I might have enjoyed it more. It was also the first time I had Dungeness. The price was over 30.00 for a single crab, and it was difficult to get to the good parts to eat. When I ate crab in the Gulf Coast area, It was just as good, and much cheaper. When I told the owner I was disappointed, he seemed very acceptable to my critique, and suggested next time I order King Crab. It was more expensive, and the flavor is even better he assured me. I do believe that others may have enjoyed it more, and I would still recommend this place to any of the visitors from the cruise ships.

1  Thank Jeff W

Thanks for the note, Jeff. So sorry about the crab. Fried Dungies are a different shell to crack than normal. Not my favorite either. The hard fact is that crab is getting more and more expensive every year, but we do our best to make it as affordable as possible for our guests.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

This restaurant was recommended to us by our tour bus driver. We love to check out locals favorite restaurants. The driver said they had 'the best halibut and chips' he had ever eaten. It did not disappoint. It was excellent and so was the beer, which they happen to brew right there. My son is not a fish lover and he had a cheeseburger and he said it was delicious.

1  Thank TexasMother_of_2

Thank you! Glad you guys enjoyed the meal!

Reviewed 2 October 2017

Our cruise ship docked in Juneau and one of our drivers for an excursion recommended the Alaska Fish & Chips Restaurant. He said they had great Halibut. 'nuff said, Halibut is one of my faves, so we walked over for lunch. I had Halibut Fish & Chips with an Alaska Brewing Company Amber Ale and it was all great! My wife had the Pacific Cod Fish & Chips and she said it was great as well.

1  Thank Garym053

Great to hear about local referrals! Thank you!

Reviewed 23 September 2017

We were here for the day and we had lunch here , although the day had been wet , we had a very nice salmon chowder in a bread bowl , it was delicious . You can take all your posh food , this was amazing , loved it .

Thank you! We agree. All you need is a little chowder and bread bowl for a good day!

Been to Alaska Fish & Chips Company? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK