“Mexican food near the dock”

El Sombrero Incorporated
Ranked #33 of 149 Restaurants in Juneau
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

Ate here for dinner and it was as pretty good. My husband had a chicken burrito that he liked. I had a vegan taco salad that they put fajita veggies in it which made it more interesting. The chips and salsa were good. Service was excellent. There is outside seating upstairs.

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

After moving to Alaska from Arkansas, I have craved good Mexican restaurant salsa. This place has the best salsa that I have tasted in Alaska. I ate here on a business trip and then ended up eating there again the next day because I loved it so much.

It is small and quant down stars but that is a good thing. It is slightly off the beaten path in downtown... seems like a local eating place.

Reviewed 27 July 2017

If you're a tourist who likes to eat where the locals eat, and not where the tourists go, then this little Mexican restaurant in the heart of the downtown tourist district is for you. It's a small joint that serves up decent Mexican food made with quality ingredients. Wash it down with an Alaskan beer and it's a supper that a Juneau local would enjoy without you having to leave the shadow of the cruise ships.

Reviewed 23 July 2017

After living in Juneau for many years, my husband and I always make a beeline for El Sombrero when we visit "home". This trip we were able to go twice. We love it that much! They make the best chile rellanos I've ever had, have not been able to find them anywhere else like they make them here. Great service and plenty of Mexican beer, chips and salsa!!

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Food was very good, nice service and the best salsa in Juneau- hands down! I recommend this place if you are tired of fresh fish everyday!