“Details Count”

Ranked #21 of 148 Restaurants in Juneau
Price range: US$ 9 - US$ 24
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Grandma’s is a quaint restaurant located in the Best Western Grandma’s Feather Bed hotel. Set in a unique Victorian style farmhouse the restaurant offers country inn charm and home-style favorites. Grandma’s restaurant is open seven days a week for breakfast, lunch and dinner are served Monday through Saturday.
Reviewed 25 September 2018

This is the only hotel I ever stay at in Juneau, and I travel there quite a bit. The ambience of Grandma's is cozy, unpretentious, and authentic. They generally get the details right, and if anything is by chance not up to par, they bend over backwards to make it right.

Each room is very different from the next, but all are well-appointed, good-sized, and comfortable. The complementary breakfast in what looks like a Victorian parlor is the most ambitiously delicious and varied of any Best Western I've stayed in - - no, of ANY hotel I'e stayed in.

Reviewed 31 August 2018

My husband and I stayed here during our last couple of days of our Alaska Trip for our 20 year wedding anniversary. We had a lovely romantic room. Laura and Mechayla we wonderful young ladies that had great recommendations. Felt like I was leaving family on check out day. We only had breakfast here, and really enjoyed the front table by the window. We would definitely come back!

Reviewed 13 August 2018

Nice place to escape the super-crowded, loud, high-octane restaurants. There aren't many good restaurants in the Mendenhall Valley (Zarelda's is FANTASTIC, but very expensive and difficult to get seating without a reservaiton). This small venue has prompt, affable service. Sitting in either of the booths a few steps up from the main seating area offers privacy--but the low-hanging lights make the booth seem tight/crowded. The food is not super-special, but ample portions.
I had beer-battered halibut--I like the batter as it's lighter than other venues and not super-greasy. I'm not a fan of the tartar sauce, and preferred fresh-squeezed lemon. It was served with choice of potato. I chose baked which was properly cooked and seasoned with scant chives and served with a side of sour cream (also offered: fries or mashed); I would have preferred a rice option. Also on the plate was salt/herb-seasoned steamed broccoli--nothing fancy but I appreciated it's full flavor and not being overcooked.
My husband had a very generous portion of halibut in a chardonnay/bacon sauce that was quite delicious. He was offered the same side of potatoes. A pre-dinner salad (romaine-based) was served to us both after pretzel rolls and butter. Again, nothing fancy, but adequate. We saw a family there with young children who seemed pleased with their meals including good-looking burgers, and an elderly couple who seemed to enjoy their meals of prime rib. With soft-drinks, my husband's and my meal was about $54; no complaints, as we don't go out much and knew roughly what to expect.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

I have visited Juneau 5 of the past 7 summers for business. I found this little gem on my first visit in 2011 and have made a point to eat there everytime I am in Juneau. The food never disappoints, the staff very friendly and the atmosphere is quaint as it is part of a bed and breakfast. Don't miss out on this exceptional restaurant.

Reviewed 24 July 2018

We stayed at the inn and enjoyed it. Breakfast was great every morning. We ate dinner here one night and it was only ok. I had a burger, which was very dry and overcooked.