“Nothing close to the old Pie in the Sky”
Review of Pie in the Sky

Pie in the Sky
Ranked #1 of 2 Bakeries in Juneau
Price range: US$ 1 - US$ 10
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Pie in the Sky is Juneau's only custom, full service bakery offering fresh delights that are made using all organic ingredients. Offering a different fresh assortment of baked goods daily. Specializes in custom ordered cakes, pies and pastry. Also very gluten-free, low sugar, vegan, nut free and paleo friendly. Instagram: Pieintheskyak
Reviewed 8 September 2016

When reading these reviews, you have to know that Pie in the Sky changed ownership last year, so what applied "then" does not necessarily apply now. Our main complaints are lack of consistency in hours, selection, and quality. Maybe you will get a good day - but then again, maybe you should trust your instinct and just walk out the door. This is a lobby take-out and to call it, today, a bakery is an exaggeration. The owner's attitude may be considered quirky by some, but I find it cantankerous at best. There are so many choices for coffee and a pastry very close to Pie in the Sky that are much better all around.

1  Thank Groovetta65

Reviewed 1 May 2016

Jeste, Pie in the Sky's owner, catered a multi-day event for a large group of people just outside Juneau. She created delicious, inventive, organic meals with vegetarian options three times a day. Literally everything was wonderful. I'd highly recommend visiting her bakery if you're in town!

Reviewed 30 July 2015

With a few-days-notice, this bakery created the most delicious and beautiful sheet cake for a baby shower I hosted. Everyone loved the cake and asked who made it. I am so happy to have such a great bakery in Juneau!

1  Thank Sportysal
Reviewed 27 June 2015

I am constantly amazed by the variety of baked goods and combination of flavors that Jeste (the new owner) comes up with, not to mention the delicious drinks that you just can't get anywhere else. Pretty much all organic too. Juneau is lucky to have Pie in the Sky, and so is anyone visiting who can stop by and enjoy the bounty!

1  Thank InLovewiththeWorld
Reviewed 25 June 2015

When I first found out I was pregnant last fall I truly thought I'd be one of those people who just happily ate my way through my pregnancy, enjoying food like no other. Fast forward nine months (i'm due any day) and let me tell you, this wasn't my story. NOTHING has sounded good my entire pregnancy.... well, except Pie in the Sky baked goods, smoothies, and warm drinks. In the winter, all I wanted was her wonderful lemony ginger hot tea concoctions that were practically medicinal as far as I'm concerned. In the spring, I wanted tarts (lemon specifically) and Jeste (owner) made me the closet thing I've had to a French lemon tart since I've been stateside, even adding sea salt to the tops of them. Before I found out I was having a girl she predicted I was because of my lemon cravings, sure enough, baby girl on board. I work right up the street during legislative session, which can be long trying hours but if I made it down to that little bakery on Seward, the day didn't seem so long or difficult after all. Sweet treats, savory goodies, and the drinks... oh, the drinks. I'm currently hooked on the Oaxacan, a Mexican drinking chocolate blended with oatmeal, almonds, cayenne pepper, and artisan chocolate. All spring I was drinking fruit smoothies freshly mixed in the Vitamixer, with Jeste suggesting different ingredients that I never would have tried (watermelon rind - good for the kidneys - who knew??) I know everyone must be thinking, wow, does this pregnant lady have gestational diabetes or what?? Actually no, I've been eating really healthy (now i know what these freak who "eat for fuel" feel like) but when I want to really enjoy what I'm eating and savor these little pregnancy moments, I head to Pie in the Sky. The food is made with love by a woman who really cares about what she makes. I've lived all over the country, most recently San Francisco for five years, so I don't have some small-town limited palate. I can say it's like I have my own little Tartine down the street now, without the lame baristas and crowds. Brava Jeste, thank you for making my first pregnancy easier and making goodies that I actually enjoy!

1  Thank AKGirl81