“Relaxing!”

Ranked #2 of 3 Restaurants in Houston
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 25
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch
Description: The Restaurant at the Houston Lodge Marketplace reopened with a new owner in August of 2016. We serve good comfort food at decent prices, in a comfortable Alaskan setting. Come check out the new Lodge in Houston!
Reviewed 28 June 2017

Barely 50 miles from Anchorage, but what a difference. A great place to take your family or your sweetheart. Yummy, home cooked favorites on the menu - with a few surprises. The full bar has all your favorites and you can sit out on the deck when it's sunny.
Watch the ducklings swim through the lily pads in the pond. Check out the quaint fairy gardens inside or the unique Alaskan flora outside.
A gem - so close to Anchorage; but a place to truly feel you have "gotten away".

Reviewed 21 June 2017

Sincere and eager to please our group of 5. Speedy service and the lunch menu was
delightful. Each of us ordered deifferent items and no one was dissappointed!

Reviewed 4 June 2017

Stopped in for dinner and drinks, after we met a fellow biker on the road who told us this establishment is under new management. We were not disappointed in the service or the taste of the food...but the portions could have been a little bigger.

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

We went in last night because it is just a few miles from our house. The live music was wonderful! It was not too loud, not too quite.

I was not impressed that there were a dozen tables and a bar with only one waitress/bartender at 7pm! We waited more than 20 minutes just to get a menu!

I was craving a Rubin and was surprised that they had a burger, hot sandwich and cold sandwich menu but do not offer rubins!!! I ordered a mushroom Swiss burger and was excited to see that it would be served with homemade bread and homemade pickles.

However, I was very disappointed that their homemade bread was more like biscuit from a bisquick mix, the kind that gets stuck to the top of my mouth. I asked for no onions and they not only put sautéed onions but fresh onions also on my burger melted into the cheese. Perhaps I was misunderstood and they thought I asked for extra onions? The homemade pickles which probably would have been delicious on the side by themselves were put directly on my burger and we're bread and butter sweet pickles instead of Dill. Sweet pickles do not taste good on a mushroom Swiss burger. At leader the fries were delicious!

Lastly I was a bit disappointed that when My husband did not finish his food and asked for a to go box they brought us a small piece of tin foil which in no way could he wrap his food in. He was so irritated by this point we just left the food and foil on the table instead of waiting another 15 minutes to flag down the waitress.

This is not a place to go if you want a quick meal we were there for an hour and 45 minutes and only ordered two burgers.

Reviewed 8 October 2016 via mobile

New Owner has made a Big Change!!!
So very pleased to see the "New Owner" sign... had to stop in and check things out. The lovely interior and great deck & pond out back is so Alaskan!
We stopped in for a quick drink to see how the new placed looked... so happy to sit and enjoy friendly staff & great service! Menu looks really good, just didn't have time to eat..But Will next time!! Nice variety of local beers too! Really enjoyed talking to new owner & seeing her vision for the future.
Good Luck! See you next trip!!!