Beluga Lake Lodge
US$ 221
US$ 215
Ocean Shores(Homer)(Great Value!)
US$ 192
Land's End Resort(Homer)(Great Value!)
US$ 188
US$ 133
Official Site
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewscalamari appetizermicrowave and fridgequeen bedclean roomsthe lower levelwould stay here againratesfishing
Reviewed 12 May 2011

The room itself (2nd floor) was clean, spacious, had a comfortable bed. The staff was very nice. The price was reasonable. Unfortunately, the other reviews are correct. There is absolutely no soundproofing in the walls. So, if they are talking in the next room, you can hear EVERY word and it sounds like they're right next to your bed. This may not be a problem if those in the room next to you go to bed by midnight. Unfortunately, the guests next to us partied late into the night, came home around 1- 2 in the morning, talked and showered for another 2 hours. We heard every word of their conversations and laughter. It sounded like they were standing next to my bed. I know nothing about building construction, so I don't know if there is even anything you can do to make an existing building more soundproof. One night there was a truck spinning around the gravel lot doing donuts in the middle of the night, the truck then parked right outside my window, the men got out and peed, then sat there with the engine running for at least an hour. Fortunately, I found some ear plugs and was able to get back to sleep eventually.

So, if you are a heavy sleeper and aren't bothered by noise, you should be fine. Bring earplugs if you aren't.

I did get a NICE handwritten letter from the staff after they read the comment card I filled out. Apparently, there is an extension you can call to report noisy guests, etc. Somehow I didn't see that, and it was my understanding that the office was closed at 10 p.m. Had I known that, it might have helped for our second night. The management did promise to forward to the Homer PD the license plate info of the vehicle that was screeching around the parking lot and doing weird things so they couldn't come back. That's a relief.

So the management, as much as they could, did try to rectify the situation. The truth remains, the walls are paper thin, and if you get loud neighbors, you just won't be getting much sleep. It's a shame too, because the room itself was nice and clean, the location was nice, and the staff are nice.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2010

The property is very close to the Split and is conveniently located. The decor is clearly updated and the rooms are quite small but clean.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2010

The Beluga Lake Lodge is a comfortable, affordable place to stay in a gorgeous little town. We had a modest first floor room on the uphill side of the hotel, so our window was at ground level looking out at the parking lot. As others have noted, the first floor rooms are small. Ours was a little musty on arrival, but it was nothing an open window couldn't fix. We slept SO well on a seriously comfortable bed and spent the rest of our time exploring Homer. The high speed internet helped us find the yummiest dinners, and the in-room fridge was great for leftovers when our eyes were bigger than our tummies. In all, the Beluga Lake Lodge was perfect for us.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank crredwood
Reviewed 4 August 2010

On short notice a hotel was required they were polite and eager to provide competitive rates. The wireless was sufficient speed and free. The location of the hotel is right at the end of the spit but on the mainland. The hotel is older. The breakfast is pretty lean on selection but there is a McDonalds across the street and bakeries down the road. This hotel worked out well. However things to be aware of if you stay downstairs you will hear the people above your and the housekeeping staff leaves notes requesting tips.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank Julie E
Reviewed 9 July 2010

The location is convenient but in no way makes up for the rest of the experience. Management was less than helpful. In fact when I suspected a light was out in my room management was put off that I would not change my own light bulb. My travel companion did not received their wake up call and if it were not for the use of a personal alarm we would have completely missed our fishing charter. Rooms had an odor and the hotel was very loud with inadequate soundproofing of the rooms. Overall a horrible, smelly and loud experience.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends