“Hospitality can find no better example!”

KJ Tucker's Farm B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Haines
KJ Tucker's Farm B&B
Ranked #5 of 9 Haines B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 December 2016

My wife and I were so very privileged to stay with Chuck and Kathy this past Thanksgiving, 2016. My wife and I were there for well over a week photographing eagles during their annual gathering. The location was ideally placed near the best viewing. They had wireless internet access for uploading and researching anything necessary. The rooms and house were very clean and comfortable.

I arrived, having unexpectedly hurt my back on the trip up, and they made every effort to help us move luggage up to the room which I could not lift at the time. We had originally planned to rent the entire house, but backed off to only rent a room. Chuck and Kathy stayed in the house with us during our visit and allowed us to share meals with them. They sent us off with hot breakfast in the morning and we enjoyed dinner with them after a full day of shooting. They even packed us lunch!! So amazing!! We even were allowed to join in their Thanksgiving!

We came to photograph eagles, and came away with so much more than pictures (and there were many of those). We came away with warm hearts and new friends. Thank you so very much! We look forward to staying in touch over the years!

Room Tip: Just show up with friendly smiles. The rest will take care of itself :)!
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 September 2016

I spent three very comfortable nights at KJ Tuckers while I was working nearby. Both Chuck and Kathy made the stay pleasant, with conversation at mealtime, and considerate, common-sense accommodation of my needs and schedule. I will certainly try to stay again when I return for more work, and I can recommend this B&B to others.

The room was clean and spacious, the bed was very comfortable, with high quality linen, and the private bathroom was spotlessly clean. I slept very soundly.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Thank Robert Miner Dy... I
Reviewed 1 December 2015

Kathy & Chuck and their little place are just lovely. We came in on a very icy/snowy weekend, and they kept us updated on the road conditions and made sure to sand the driveway.

The cabin is excellent, with wonderful windows & view, a very well-stocked kitchen, warm bathroom and cozy loft bedroom with lots of sleeping space. The cabin is impeccably clean, and the layout was perfect for spending the nights cooking and relaxing for my Dad's birthday weekend. Kathy even made us muffins (which were ridiculously delicious)!

The cabin is 25 miles outside of Haines, but it's a beautiful drive along the river, and it's a warm, quiet place to return to at the end of the day.

Thanks for taking good care of us! Most excellent.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 September 2015

We loved the peace and quiet and easy access to the alpine area across the border in Canada. The cabin is clean and well furnished, and the scenery is unparalleled. Our primary reason for staying in the area was bird photography and we were well rewarded.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 April 2015

We just returned from our second visit. Both times the house was impeccably clean and comfortable, and Kathy and Chuck were amiable and attentive hosts.
Haines is a terrific and inviting place, and we would not hesitate to recommend staying here.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with friends