All reviewsferry terminalcoffee makergreat place to stayoutdoor grilljacuzzi tubrental cargreat hostsquiet locationin townsuitemicrowavecabinmercantileaccommodationsmountainsporchpillows
Reviewed 8 August 2017

First, the lodge offers car rentals, one stop shopping-all wheel drive vehicles. We had a Subaru Outback. The suite we were in was spacious and very comfortable. Coffee maker, microwave and fridge were utilized. Very comfortable bed and a beautiful view of Lynn Canal added to the joy of staying there. Our hosts were very accommodating and readily available. The lodge is very well situated, close to the ferry but not affected by it, and between downtown and end of town bear viewing area.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

Awesome view, very pictures. Awesome Cabins, very clean and tidy, beautiful comfy beds and pillows, self contained, nice porch to relax on including a BBQ. Awesome hosts, made us fell at home, was sad to leave, thanks Brad

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 July 2017

Brad and his wife are exceptional. Brad's wife helped with car reservations in advance. Brad met us at the ferry terminal and allowed us to return our car to the airport--even though they their office is a couple miles away. No car rental agent has treated us better--ever or anywhere.

And we must add that a rental car is most advisable in Haines. It's not necessary. You can wander the town, hike from easily accessible locations, and taxi to near-by locations; but the car gave us lots more options and we found we used the car every one of our four days in Haines.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

Plan in advance of your cruise stop to rent a car. This was the best. The shop the Lynn mercantile was a lovely shop and prices were really good. We lucked out and walked in and rented a car. Really enjoyed spending the day seeing everything on our timeframe. Drove all over and saw so much beautiful country.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 April 2017

Stayed here in off-season for a sanity-break. Cabins weren't available yet, so I stayed in the 'front room' and having stated the purpose of my visit, my hosts were so conscientious about my comfort in a quiet space. View was great for meditation and I wish weather had been a bit better - cause I would have spent time on the porch or, better yet, gone across to their beach area right on Lynn Canal and relaxed. Room was comfortable- nice bed, fridge, coffee maker, and fixings.
Kelleen and Brad are GREAT hosts, along with their fur children (3 color coordinated canines of all sizes). If you get the chance . . .ask Brad to tell you the bear hunting story, involving a blanket - get a flavor of the funny side of Alaska :) Kelleen told me of a local play in town and gave advice of what options were available around town (which was really helpful in the off-season). I highly recommend the facilities, the location (one mile from ferry terminal), and wonderful hosts. I can't wait to come back during high season and stay at one of the cabins!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo