“Nice but nothing special”
Review of Pond Cafe

Pond Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Pond Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 24 Restaurants in Girdwood
Reviewed 31 August 2017

Good for a bite to eat when you're hungry. Casual hotel food. Diner style. Nice views. Food was fine but nothing special.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 23 August 2017

We went to the breakfast restaurant called the Pond Cafe. It is a buffet that is self serve for the most part (or I'm sure you can order) but wait staff do help with coffee and the bill. We went through half our b'fast without seeing anyone to get drinks. At one point someone from the table just got up and got the coffee for us. Later, a guy came buy and told us he would be helping us; this is 3/4 of the way through the meal and we ask for more coffee. He fills all cups but skips me....walks away. Later we ask for the bill; I see him get it, he walks toward us and he puts the bill down on another table where no one is sitting; he walks over next to us and starts to set place mats next to our table....I ask, what the heck and he goes to get the bill. Don't know if he was on drugs, dumb or what. First time is a long time I paid in cash with only 10% tip. In a flash he comes back to me and tells me I'm $10 short. We talk about life and his service and I offer to go to his manager; he bids us a good day. It has been a long week and I'm getting tired of employees that only work a few months and don't have any care about service. True, I should go to management but I don't always have time to find such people.

To close, the food was not bad; the guy just left a bad taste in my mouth.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

This was the only place open in the Hotel Aleyeska for breakfast. They had a buffet, but the eggs looked old so we opted for a la carte. The eggs were still below average. The breakfast was expensive but sub par. Service was good. If you have another option, go for it.

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

We really enjoyed our breakfast at the Pond Cafe. They have a breakfast bar that's all you can eat, or you can order from the many different dishes off the menu. Everything that we had was great. The service was also terrific. Highly recommend!

1  Thank Kelly S
Reviewed 28 July 2017

We had breakfast at the Pond twice while staying at Hotel. Honestly their breakfast chef made the best omelette I have had using herbs finely chopped with an ulu knife! Now I am doing the same at home.