“Great Pizza”

Cuisines: Brew Pub
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 16 July 2016 via mobile

Visiting my kids in Juneau and they brought us over to the island pub. What a treat! The pizza is fantastic!! Not just your ordinary run of the mill pizza but more like thin crust specialty pizza you find in your better spots. About 10 different varieties between marinara and Alfredo. Went back a second time while we were there. If you get there early you can watch the cruise ships pull into port and the float planes taking off.

Reviewed 13 July 2016

We got this recommendation from a local Juneau resident and it did not disappoint. You could tell there were lots of locals here, and this is type of restaurant we seek out when we are out of town. Very kid-friendly, too.

Reviewed 2 July 2016 via mobile

I'd just landed in Juneau for the first time to visit friends, and my friends had asked what I wanted for dinner, to which I said "pizza & beer". They suggested this place for their pizza. It looked busy from the outside but we were just missing their dinner rush and they were less than an hour away from closing. It has a really great, romantic, relaxing, & cozy atmosphere. Loved the design of the bar area, it wasn't overwhelming with the tv's, it has a pretty good view of the water way, and the lighting was perfect. We were greeted right away and seated promptly. This place I consider a hidden jewel of Douglas. I was impressed that in their menu, the locals can come up with a pizza idea and then submit it as a contest, and then they feature the best ones. I'd ordered "The Don". So mouth watering, and the crust was perfectly crispy. I did not, however, order a beer. I ordered a margarita - worth it. We had a good server but never caught his name. I wanna come back again!

Reviewed 2 July 2016

When the three of us arrived for dinner on a Thursday a little after 5PM we sat at a windowed table overlooking the water and mountains; virtually all of the other tables were empty. When we left at 6:30PM every table was filled. This place is popular, and deservedly so. Our server, Greg, had a nice sense of humor. We opted for several rounds of Alaskan beers, a Scott's Wrap, and a Pork-A-Pine pizza. The beers hit the spot, as did the food. Many of the pizza choices here are creative; ours was loaded with sausage, pepperoni, red onion, sun dried tomatoes, roasted garlic, Crimini mushrooms, pine nuts and basil; it was full flavored. No wonder this is a go-to restaurant for the Juneau based friends I was visiting.

Reviewed 29 June 2016

We arrived an hour before closing, so it was fairly empty, we satby the window, and saw all the cruiseships leave the dock. The server was so cool, right on, and the food wasquite good. The tomato soup was one of the best I have had. The spanakopita was great. The hummus was not our favorite, but its yummy and pretty. Nice stop in juneau.

Been to Island Pub? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK