“Best burger in French polynesia”
Review of Fare La Canadienne

Fare La Canadienne
Ranked #9 of 79 Restaurants in Moorea
Cuisines: American, Canadian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 August 2016

Best burger in French Polynesia, owner and server are always smiling. For a Quebecers, it is like to be back home for a moment

1  Thank Jérémie H

Reviewed 11 March 2016

Being a Canadian who is currently living in the US I was naturally drawn to Fare La Canadienne while on our honeymoon in Moorea. Welcomed reception using my broken french lead to pleasant conversation with the owner.
Excellent burger that was MASSIVE and delicious.
Highly recommend for lunch!

Reviewed 14 January 2016 via mobile

I visited this place with my whole family. It was recommended to us by a good friend and we were looking forward to trying out their burgers. Our experience was the worst ever that I ever had in any restaurant in the world!!
I am usually not the type who will leave a review but our experience there was so bad that I couldn't help it.
It was a rainy day so we all rushed inside the restaurant and we asked if we could get a table for 13. She said no right away no room for 13 without even asking if it would be OK to split the party...
The restaurant had room to fit 13 people at that time. A gentleman comes after us and asks for a table of 6. She right away prepares the table for them. At that time there were still 2 tables of 4 inside and 2 tables of 4 outside on the shaded patio... The lady comes back and I asked again if we could get a table for 13 and she said no and that she already said it was not possible but we are more than welcome to take to go!! To eat where? In the car? We are not college students!
I told her that we can split the party and we don't need to all be sitting together and she replied the same thing that she couldn't accommodate 13 that the patio is closed because of the rain but that I could take the menu and come back another day! After the way she was welcoming us I don't think that there will be another day!
So I told her that she could keep her menu and that it was a shame to loose 13 people! She then tells me as I am leaving that I can sit outside if it's okay with me. At that point I was so upset for her not making any effort to accommodate us that I just told her that we are leaving.
We didn't even try the food and it's probably good but the service kills it and I wouldn't spend a dime in that restaurant for being so rude...
We ended up eating at Snack Chez Didier where even though it was packed the owner welcomed us with open arms, a big smile and made room for us!

Reviewed 29 December 2015 via mobile

Huge tasty burgers for a very reasonable price. Around $2000 francs for a burger, fries and drink! Located about half way between the Sofitel and the Pearl, it's worth getting to if you're staying on Moorea!

1  Thank Charlotte F
Reviewed 29 October 2015

We had dinner at Fare La Canadienne during our stay in Moorea and the burgers lived up to the hype! My wife and I enjoy more casual dining experience so this place was right in our wheel house. The beer and drinks were cold and refilled quickly, and the food was right up there with the best we had on the island. The server was really friendly and offered some good conversation to go with our meal. Overall a great experience.

This next bit is a little off topic but I will offer a word of caution if you are driving on the island of Moorea, we did encounter a French Police DUI checkpoint on our way back to the hotel from dinner that required everyone driving to take a breathalyzer. I know it is easy to do but dont ruin your vacation by drinking and driving if you have a rental car!