“Hometown Café”

Bobby's Cafe
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Chugiak
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

Bobby's is a great family owned, simple - yet delicious cafe. It's a local hotspot, that is very welcoming to everyone. Owned by the same family as Bellavista (the Italian restaurant next door), Bobby's is a great place to go if you're looking for a small town/quiet diner/cafe. My favorite meal is the breakfast burrito, pictured below. Their prices are great just like their friendly Alaskan service!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 14 July 2017

I see lots of pretty good reviews for this place. My experience was not all that great - maybe I should have ordered breakfast or a basic sandwich, but the fish (billed as Alaskan cod) had less flavor than any cod I've had anywhere. Was disappointed because I expected fish in Alaska to be well done.

Also - my server let my water glass (my only beverage) get empty and I couldn't get her attention (she had maybe three other tables, not very busy). And then when she finally said she would get more water, she forgot! I ended up asking the other server to get me more water.

Reviewed 2 July 2017

Stopped in for lunch and was hoping to find some bakery items. Great news is that they serve breakfast all day (they are only open for Breakfast & Lunch). Food order was taken promptly and coffee was kept full. Overall food was served cooked correctly, except for my eggs. Seems like no one in Alaska knows how to cook eggs "over hard" ~ the yellow yolk should be the same consistency as the white when cooked over hard. It was more like over easy - quick trip back for more eggs. No offer for a discount or anything extra for the incorrect order was offered - we would probably not accept, but an offer would be nice.

After lunch we asked about the bakery items and all they had was some lemon cake. Not what we were looking for.

Food was good enough that we would eat here again when we are in the area next year.

Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

Always good home cooking. Decent coffee and pleasant environment. Just a short drive after church and someone else does the cooking.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

We eat here fairly frequently. Bobby's is only open for breakfast and lunch, if you are in Chugiak for dinner. Bella Vista is next door under the same owner. Bobby's has a full breakfast and lunch menu and I have not been disappointed with any selection. Great service and if they make a mistake they will fix it to your advantage. Old school diner with old school neighborhood friendliness with tasty basic food.