“The best risotto in town”
Review of Terrazza Toscana

Terrazza Toscana
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: In Terrazza Toscana we offer a truly Italian experience, from the ambience to the cuisine will make you feel a part of Italy. Our dishes are authentic Italian recipes with high quality ingredients and preserving it this delicious traditional cuisine . The look antispastos variety , wide choices in fresh pasta and sauces best , high quality meats and seafood and an extensive wine list. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Reviewed 10 June 2016 via mobile

We've visited this restaurant several times, because in my opinion is the best Italian restaurant in Escazu.
Food is amazing. Specially the seafood risotto.
Pasta dishes are also nice, but I always ask for risotto because it's difficult to find a better one than Terrazza.
It's a little bit more expensive that other Italian restaurants, but it's totally worth it.

Reviewed 9 June 2016

This is a very good restaurant with good ambience. One can sit outside and enjoy the sights of the happening Avenida Escazu. There are a few lighted fountains near by. My kid (3 years old) enjoys playing in those waters whenever we go there. The Food was great and very delicious. We eat only vegetarian and they helped us in selecting vegetarian. But the only problem is they serve all the dishes we order at once. Some of the dish went cold and we could not finish them. They should be serving one after the other.

Reviewed 31 May 2016

Had the chance to visit for a quick lunch and then dinner. Service and food were very good in both ocassions. They offer an "executive menu" for lunch that includes soup or salad, an entree and dessert. Everything was good and on point. Had Papardelle for dinner and it was delicious. If anything, be aware that food at restaurants in Costa Rica in general is a bit more expensive than in the US, and this applies to this and all restaurants.

Reviewed 21 May 2016

Had dinner here on a Tuesday evening by myself as I was staying in a nearby hotel.

Was seated outside on the patio immediately. Service was prompt.

I kinda splurged as I had a whole bottle of wine and a liter of Pelegrino with my meal which consisted of their caprise salad and a pasta (taglatiele?) carbonara.

First off, the salad was one of the best I can remember having. Whole tomato, cut into six wedges, each on a whole basil leaf with a ball of fresh mozzarella in the middle with a dollop of pesto on top. Cleaned the plate.

The carbonara was very tasty, might have been served hotter, but then I took my time on the salad, wine, water and bread so you never know.

As expected the bottle of wine kinda made this an expensive meal, but...no regrets.

Reviewed 1 April 2016

A very good Italian restaurant with an Excellent location. Chicken Cesar is devine. Nice wines. Great ambience. Love sitting outside with the family. Kids LOVE the Pizza. Service is also excellent.

TerrazzaToscana T, Gerente at Terrazza Toscana, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2016

Thank you very much for your opinion. We hope to serve you again.