All reviews dental work at home costa rica other guests rental car san jose recommend casa french toast makes you feel taxi driver visiting family felt like home breakfast table beautiful room comfortable accommodations every morning traveling alone
Reviewed 17 June 2018

Stayed at Casa Laurin twice (on first and last night) during a two-week vacation in Costa Rica. Ginette is the perfect host, extremely resourceful and a very charming lady and makes time for her clientèle. She speaks French, English and Spanish. Felt like home, very peaceful place and the breakfast was excellent. I would not hesitate to recommend this B & B to my family and friends. Merci madame Ginette.

Louise B-C. Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Room tip: Second floor, mountain view
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Ginette L, Owner at Casa Laurin B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2018

Merci Louise! It was a pleasure to have you with us and I hope to see you again on your next trip to Costa Rica.

Reviewed 17 June 2018

While in San Jose for dental, we stayed there from May 28-31 & June 4-7 then 10 & 11. Went away for both weekends. Allowed to leave extra luggage there. Great hostess, delicious breakfasts - whatever you desire or are meant to eat. Use of kitchen to prepare other meals is really nice. Ginette is very accommodating & will assist you in finding the most economic rates for whatever it is you may be seeking while there ie rental cars, tours etc. pharmacies. The beds are very comfortable. The rooms are kept very clean. There was a great space for me to continue my daily yoga practice. Walking distance to so many places. A/C not necessary this time of year & the ceiling fan sufficed. A higher speed would have been good a couple nites.

Room tip: Highly recommend for dental or medical. Willing to assist. great food, comfortable beds. Nice rooms & decor.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thanks Patti for your kind words. Looking forward to seeing you on your next trip. Glad you enjoyed your weekends to see some of this beautiful country! Always available to help you make the best of your stay in Costa Rica.

Reviewed 12 June 2018

Absolutely could not have found a better place to stay!
We came to Costa Rica for a "Dental Vacation" and we were told by a family member that they had found the most wonderful B&B! They were right!
Casa Laurin is a lovely home, our room was large with a private balcony
overlooking the city and the mountains. The bed was very comfortable, tons of closet space, huge bathroom and I can't stress this enough, extremely CLEAN!!!!!!
Ginette was a delight, so warm and friendly, like a family member you didn't know you had!! She helped us with so many things...keeping us on schedule, calling taxis, translating for us and giving us useful information on how to best navigate around town.
She even arranged our excursions for us, let us walk her dogs (we missed ours!)
not to mention her scrumptious breakfasts!!
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND CASA LAURIN!!!!

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you for your wonderful review. It was my pleasure to help you get the most of your trip down here. You are the living proof that a Dental Vacation can be enjoyable and exciting! Looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 23 April 2018

Visiting Costa Rica for dental work, I wanted something close to Nova Dental Clinic. Casa Laurin fit the bill and I couldn't be more pleased with my stay. Ginette (actually there are two Ginettes, but this goes for both) was friendly, well informed, helpful and certainly able to make the experience of dental surgery a little less painful. Ice packs, advice as to where to buy supplies, smoothies were part of the "above and beyond" service. Breakfasts were great ranging from omelettes, French toast and always fresh fruit and good coffee. The neighborhood is quiet, exceptionally safe and within a short mile are a number of good restaurants, but fair warning, Escazu is more like an American suburb than a Latin American town: McD's, Popeye's KFC, Walmart etc. populate the landscape. Without looking too hard, I did find a couple of interesting spots that reminded me that I wasn't at home. Anyway, I will be returning in a few months.

Room tip: basically the choice is shared bath vs. private bath. I found sharing no problem
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank taem111
CasaLaurinCostaRica, Owner at Casa Laurin B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2018

Thanks for your kind words! Looking forward to seeing you in a few months! Both Ginette's at your service!

Ginette Laurin, your host

Reviewed 16 March 2018

This is a lovely quiet B and B in the suburbs of San Jose. I was there in August and chose to return again for the second part of my dental work in Feb/March. Ginette is lovely, gracious and beyond helpful. I don't speak Spanish or French so she helped me get taxis, tours and even helped when I needed medicine for an ear infection.
The rooms and home are safe, the doggies are sweet, and HBO movies are free with your stay. Don't forget to order from Papa John's pizza, it was delicious! I'd go back there in a heartbeat.

Room tip: I loved my room facing the street with the view across to the hills, lovely breezes blow in the open windows here in the central valley.
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Patricia C

Thank you so much Patricia! It is always a pleasure to have you here and I hope to see you again only for fun - not dental care...Hope I can meet your partner next time. If you need assistance to prepare a fun trip, you know who to ask! I will be happy to help you prepare for your next trip, be it adventure or rest.

Ginette, your host