All reviews english channels flat screen free breakfast is bar restaurant standard room museum
Reviewed 18 February 2018

I land there on Wed Feb 14 for my dentist
I repeat the hot girl at the desk that if she gonna be on duty Thursday Morning I need a wake up cal at 700am to get breakfast and go
She got was on duty since 600 am and At 710 am I wake up by miself.
i Didnt call or anything,I wait
At 720 am I call her at the desk and asked her ,What happened???
She said Oh I just forgot
Everything is Pura Vida,They dont care about anything
I mention to another older woman on Friday Morning and I told her that in the states you could lose your job in a hotel for failing to wake up anybody because some times people miss their flights back home
She told me that Thanks God we were in a pacifist country like Costa Rica and Not in the states.Heres the problem with employees in costa rica,Instead apologize they got defensive and try to argument with the guest
People...Rule number one in hotel business...Customer always right
On Firday afternoon Same hot girl who failed to call me Thursday Morning was on duty and I begged her that At 900pm I need to be wake call becuase my taxi driver supoused to come and pick me up for the airpot.
Well Guess what..She forgot too..Mytaxi driver arrived at 910 pm and then she sais:"Oh I supoused to call him at 900pm"
I also met the heavy set unfamous Ricky Ricardo..Great bellman but he is greedy for tips and sometimes he is a little annoying
My first language is Spanish and when I talk to him in spanish he kept ansering back in english so people coulf heard that he speaks english
Breakfast is include it and is OK..First time in san jose that WIFI work good in a hotel
I dont recomend it to families because prostitutes are up and down from the infamous aDEL REY hotel with gringos staying in this hotel.
new A/C in the rooms but in the night you dont need air conditioning in san jose
There is a casino on the hotel and an exelent rest on the second floor
Dont relay on sleeping neither because all the noise from the street go to your room
for the cheaper money i will stay again

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Marketing Digit... H, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Morazan Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2018

Thank you for let us know your issue.

We are going to research in the front desk your inconvenience, and we apologize for not to make the phone call you ask for. We will work on this issue to avoid it with you and future guests. We always take care of our guests, and we see in this situation an opportunity to check ourself work and make it better.

Our intention is not and it will never be to disrespect or offend our guests, our Hotel's policy not discriminatory, every single guest no matter nationality, is well received, our premise is to make our guests feel as friends. If our front desk lady did make you feel offended we send you the most sincere apology and it will never happen again with you, neither other guests. The same situation with our bellman.

We also sorry for the night noise, that's an issue we can not control, but in the future we can offer you an inside room which the noise is lower.

We invite you to stay with us in the future, we are grateful for your feedback and your advice which are well received. Give us a second chance to show you that in Morazan we treat our guests as friends. You'll be very welcome.

Reviewed 1 February 2018

Over all this is a good hotel for the price. Front desk lady was nice & profesional , the security people were attentive & courteous, there's also a heave set nice guy who's always trying to help you but he only smiles when you tip him:)). My room was on 4th floor, standard room, small but very clean with small twin bed, looked like the room was recently renovated, flat screen tv was good but i could only find 4 English channels & the rest were Spanish. The internet speed was decent as well, no refrigerator in standard rooms!! The only bad news about this floor or maybe all floors is the loud noise from next door club in which continues until 2 or sometimes 3:00 am almost every single night, i hardly got any sleep at night, so be prepared with some ear plugs...LOL
The free breakfast is one of the best in town & people working at the restaurant are also great. The bar & restaurant on 2nd floor serves really cold beers & delicious hot meals all day long and at reasonable price, i really liked their touchdown tacos & chicken sandwich with excellent fries...
This hotel is adult only and in central location close to all the museums , parks & other adult bars. I don't know if I'd be back at this hotel again(Because Of loud night noise) but i'd definitely be back at their restaurant for the cold beer & some good food....

Room tip: Earplugs are the must if you want to get a good night rest:))
Date of stay: January 2018
1  Thank zoopa25

Thank you for your comments!

We are glad that you had have a good stay with us. Also we are grateful for your feedback, we see it like an opportunity of improvement we appreciate your time, your comments are well received and we will work on them to make our Hotel a better place to stay in.

For us is very rewarding that you have notice the recent improvements that we are constantly making.

We are so sorry for the night noise, unfortunately that's an issue that we can't take control off, but in the future you can ask in the front desk for a room with less noise. Thanks for the ear plugs advice, we are going to take it in count.

We invite you to visit Costa Rica again and stay with us, San Jose is beautiful city which have a lot of things to offer to the tourists.

Reviewed 7 January 2018

First stayed here in 2007 and it was very clean and squarded away,however 10 years later it has ebbed somewhat . The price and the service is still sufficient but the nearby park seemes alittle dodgy at night. Avoid....
Although,the free breakfast is the best in town !!!

Date of stay: June 2017
1  Thank mike w

Thanks you very much for your comments!

We are constantly making some upgrades in our hotel, in the customer service, in the appearance, also we are constantly checking our room service to make our guest feel safe and comfortable. Our guests feedback is the most important for us and it is always well received. And also we are so glad that you have enjoyed our breakfast!.

We invite you, in the future, to stay with us again and be a witness of our improvement.

Reviewed 19 October 2017

My fourth visit to this hotel over the past few years.
Still good service overall. Efficient check-in and no problems with my pre-payment. I had advised them buy separate email that i was arriving very late and they responded quickly that there was no issues with that.
My room was okay but nothing spectacular. Good bed with good sheets. Adequate towels in the bathroom. The shower tended to hose down the bathroom floor but they quickly responded with a bathmat when i asked for one.
The TV has been upgraded to flat screen and some English channels are still available. There is still a strong box available at cost. The A/C worked flawlessly
The restaurant still provides quick tasty breakfasts and those economical buckets of beer. Lots of big screen TVs available to watch the ball games or the news.
Due to a very late flight I asked for a slightly extended checkout but could only get one more hour.
Street noise is still a problem in the early hours so ask for a room in the back and away from the Key Largo is you are a light sleeper.
There is no mini-fridge in the room which is a bit of a downer.
The rooms could use some refurb with possibly new curtains and carpets. The current ones are getting a little dowdy. More cosmetic than anything else but with higher price they are charging, it is perhaps overdue.

Room tip: away from the street if you are a light sleeper.
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank Diverdan28
MorazanCM, Community Manager at Morazan Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Thank you very much for your message. We are very glad you found your stay pleasing, and apologize for the inconveniences you encountered. We sincerely appreciate the feedback you give us as it let us improve everyday.

Our extended checkout is only one extra hour as the room needs to be cleaned and the linens changed for new guests. Unfortunately this would be impossible to do if we extended our late checkout beyond that. Hopefully you understand.

As for the carpet and curtains, as you can see from some of the changes you mention in your review, we have been and are currently undergoing a serious renovation and refurbishment process. The changes are happening gradually due to the complexity of renovating a full building. However, we assure you that the next time you visit us, you will find an even better hotel awaiting. Strangely, though, the curtains have been very recently changed. We would love it if you could let us know what was the issue you found with them, because they should be brand new.

The noise is something we are working on and trying to find ways of making it less of an inconvenience, even though being right at the heart of San José's nightlife district unfortunately comes with a bit of noise, but if you or any other guest find the room noisy and we have a quieter one available, we are always happy to switch you to a more comfortable one.

We will take note of the mini fridge request, and as for our fares, the general cost of things in Costa Rica has been increasing greatly in the past few years, and this sadly impacts our operation costs. However, we can assure you that we have one of the most competitive fares in the area, as you can find out from a quick internet search. We always have our guests' budgets in mind while establishing our fares and try to keep them as affordable as possible. We are also always trying to set up promos, discounts and special offers that we communicate via our social media pages, so make to sure to check those before making a reservation to try and get the best deal.

Hopefully we'll see you again very soon. We're always glad of having you stay with us and we promise we're working everyday to be better and give you a more pleasurable stay.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

I made my reservation through the hotel website, as they offer the best rates. My room was tiny, but offered all the essentials (A/C, TV & fridge). Since there was no desk to accommodate my laptop, I had to use a nightstand as a makeshift desk. The bathroom was surprisingly roomy, with a huge mirror. The rooms are worn, but perfectly well maintained.

Between the casino, the restaurant & the street noise, enough decibels are audible to prevent a light sleeper from getting much shuteye. Luckily, I'm a sound sleeper. The hotel's great location, close to San Jose's famed nightlife, is the main attraction.

Date of stay: March 2017
2  Thank KokoBel
MorazanCM, Community Manager at Morazan Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2017

Thank you very much for your message. We really appreciate your review and be sure that we will employ your suggestions into improving our quality of service everyday. We are currently undergoing a process of serious renovations in our hotel. The rooms will be fully remodeled over the next few months, our public spaces are being completely revamped and we are keeping strict control over our customer service agents in all areas to the hotel to ensure that you are always treated in the friendly, warm manner our Morazán family members can come to expect from us. Hopefully you will be able to visit us again in the future and see for yourself how we are constantly changing for the better. And when you do, make sure to leave us another message. We love to hear from you and especially to have you pay a visit to us. See you soon!