“Very good”
Review of Segundo Muelle

Segundo Muelle
Ranked #29 of 842 Restaurants in San Jose
Price range: US$ 12 - US$ 30
Description: Peruvian restaurant renowned for its flavor, freshness and creativity of their seafood dishes, with currents Creole, Oriental and Italian cuisine, etc.
Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

Very good peruvian place. Difficult to find parking place (valet was also full). Restaurant is nice and dishes are tasty. Service is consistent and good. A bit noisy for a business talk. However it is definitely a good place. Will be back.

Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

I have been at Segundo Muelle very often while I was living in Panama and I decided to try the Costarican one.
Never done a better choice! I have come back twice during my stay in San Juan.

The restaurant is small and cozy and the waiter are very friendly (they remembered my name when I came back!): that's a good plus.

The food is amazing as by tradition of Segundo Muelle: I have got the Arroz Atamalado de Mariscos that was an amazing choice! then we have shared a trio of Chebice, sushi and - of course - the Suspiro Limeno! You can't leave this place without trying their Causa (one of the best ever had) and the Suspiro limeno.
Definitively recommended!

Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

A group of 5 friends from the US, we went here tonight and had a great meal! Luis was terrific; the menu was in Spanish, but he did an excellent job of explaining the foods and steered us to a great evening. This is our first night in Costa Rica, so I don’t have any place else to compare it to, but the dishes were well thought out and had layers of flavor. Prices (with the hotel discount) seemed reasonable. We were tired from our travel and didn’t have drinks or dessert, but they looked great. Unfortunately I can’t remember the names of the dishes, but we had two different types of seafood stuffed in mashed sweet (different from US version) potato with sauce, that were both terrific. We also enjoyed an Asian seafood skillet dish that was served with eel sauce, on rice, and our friend found a simple fish soup delicious. If the food on the rest of our trip is served with as much attention to the flavor and presentation, we will happily eat out way around Costa Rica.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

Went to this spot last month on a Saturday evening. Service was outstanding, and the food was amazing. We started with a bottle of wine, had an nice appetizer, and the entree was delicious. Would defiantly recommend this place if you are wanting to try something different.

Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

We came here only for convenience since it was right by the hotel and it was raining. The hotel gave us a coupon. Well there is a reason for the coupon! I am on a diet and right away I could tell there wasn’t anything I could have. I asked the waiter if they had anything with just grilled chicken or fish with a salad. All they had was soup with a piece of fish in it. No salad at all. Not the greatest! My husband ordered some kind of fried rice with shrimp and chicken. It was awful. He couldn’t even eat it. He said it tasted burnt. He did get a passion fruit cocktail that was good. The waiters just stand around your table. It’s very annoying. The prices are very high so beware!! It’s totally not worth the money!

1  Thank Pierce76