“Great Italian Food in a beautiful and welcoming location.”
Review of Il Pomodoro

Il Pomodoro
Ranked #73 of 832 Restaurants in San Jose
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 8 October 2015

Always one of my favourites!
Great pizza and pasta.
Il Pomodoro has always been considered one of the top italian restaurants in Costa Rica since it opened its first restaurant near the University.
It is still Considered the best pizza in Costa Rica and it's nice three levels building in San Pedro makes it the perfect place for lunch or dinner with friends.

Reviewed 20 September 2015

I was going to write this review a couple of months back but honestly hadn´t been there recently so I told myself I would write this review as soon as I went again. I did so this weekend and wasn´t disappointed at all. I had the pappardelle reina pasta and my friend had the spaghetti carbonara and they were both great !! also the foccacia was fresh and loaded with garlic, the portions were very generous for the price, definitely still the best pasta in town !!

Reviewed 27 April 2015

I had the best risotto ever in this place. Delicious food, wonderful service. A must place to visit when you are around the San Pedro area.

Reviewed 19 March 2015

Best pizza I've ever had. I lived in San Pedro in 2001 and loved this place. Went back in 2015 and it was still the best pizza and the staff was all the same people. Truly a great place!

Reviewed 1 March 2015 via mobile

The food here is great. Everything is tasty and the best pizza, as other reviewers say, is the panzanella. The service is not terrible but not good either. It's a pity since the food is good.