“Great food, mediocre service”
Review of Il Pomodoro

Il Pomodoro
Ranked #73 of 832 Restaurants in San Jose
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 1 March 2015 via mobile

The food here is great. Everything is tasty and the best pizza, as other reviewers say, is the panzanella. The service is not terrible but not good either. It's a pity since the food is good.

Reviewed 23 February 2015

The ingredients are fresh, the decoration is nice, but service is not very friendly and dishes are a by pricey. In general quality and service are consistent and you will have nice time.

Reviewed 18 February 2015 via mobile

We arrived to our hostel in Dan Pedro late around 2100. We asked the guy in the hostel for a good place to eat and he recomendations that we walk around the block to see the different bars and restaurants. We wound up at Il Pomodoro around 2130. Not full for a Tuesday night we selected a table upstairs next to the window for a nice breeze. My wife ordered the Arribiata and I ordered pene with tomatos and sausage. The portions are spot on, the sauce is delicious I was looking for bread to soak up the remaining sauce however it never showed up. No matter I don't need the extra carbs. My wife and I decided to stay and have a few beers to make up for the missing bread. Great food, relaxing dinning room, we enjoyed our meal.

Reviewed 11 September 2014

I've been coming to Il Pomodoro for 23 years. I still love this place. I've honestly never tried any of the pastas because it's the pizzas that keep me coming here. I love the panzanetta here so much. So fresh and delicious. My friend had the house wine and said it was good.

I've also never had any issues with the service although on weekends, the place can be just packed so you might wait a bit. My last visit was on a Saturday night and we were seated, waited on and served our dinner in a timely manner. I've always had friendly servers.

This is a great place in San Pedro. It's tradition to come here.

Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

I'm a frequent visitor due to it's great food. My favorite is pizza and carpaccio but pasta is very good. The bad thing is service that is one of the worst I've experienced. Employees use to be in bad mood and use to discuss between them in front of the customers.