“Impressed”
Review of Tin Jo

Tin Jo
Ranked #17 of 770 Restaurants in San Jose
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 50
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Our mission is to serve delicious, healthy food in an environment that is conducive to sharing and caring. We believe that food should nourish us physically, emotionally and spiritually. Our dishes are inspired from Asian countries: China, Japan, India, Indonesia, Thailand. We have an extensive vegetarian and vegan menu as well as a gluten free menu. Our Asian themed rooms gather together all the art work we have collected as well as those created by closed friends and frequent diners. Tin Jo is our third child and we are very involved owners. We love to interact with you, our customers and it is our sincere wish that your visit to our restaurant satisfies not only your senses but also uplifts your spirit. With Gratitude, Maria Hon and Robert Faulstich
Reviewed 22 July 2017

Walk of Asia appetizer was nice. Wife enjoyed the Miso soup and the steamed Vietnamese fish had lots of flavor. I asked for the Kung Pao Chicken at maximum heat level. I was concerned because I had read some reviews saying that the Kung Pao at Tin Jo was not hot enough. I was pleasantly surprised.

Although not very hot with the first bite, I realized that this was because the sauce tends to collect in the bottom of the edible nest bowl. Furthermore, the nest absorbs some of the sauce. Once I broke the bowl, things caught fire fast. Some of the best Kung Pao I have had recently.

The atmosphere is nice and the staff very helpful. The waiter recommended the Cabernet when I noticed that the Tempranillo was by the bottle only. Excellent choice. The wine selection is very good for an oriental restaurant in Costa Rica. This means no Cassillero Diablo. They even offer a Riesling by the glass.

Prices are very reasonable. I would have paid more. I will definitely return.

I would normally have had a scotch after dinner, but we had a concert to attend. I hope to discover that they have a single malt scotch on the menu with my next trip.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Tin Jo, it's a must visit, really nice restaurant in the middle of San Jose, they stand out with always-exceptional food from China, Thailand, Vietnam, Japan, Indonesia, very nice rooms with different themes and excellent service. Great choice!

CRSwallow, Owner at Tin Jo, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

We are so happy you enjoyed your visit with us.
You brought us your beautiful energy to grace our rooms and our servers truly enjoyed waiting on you.
Thank you for sharing your experience with the Trip Advisor community.
I hope to serve you again very soon.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Tried their samosas, and their version of Pad Thai.

Excellent service and friendly demeanor of wait staff.

Highly recommended !

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Went there with friends for a dinner. Had a good won ton soup, and their multi-ingredient fried rice (pork, beef, chicken, and shrimp) -- it was one of the best I have ever had! We shared fried wontons (not bad, but not amazing), and very tasty pot stickers,

My friends had some noodle dishes they dubbed as 'ok'.

Service was great, good atmosphere, and reasonable prices for Costa Rica,

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Tin Jo is an established restaurant near downtown San Jose. The menu offers selections from India, Thailand, and Viet Nam. The dishes we ordered were tasty and well prepared. There are several dining rooms decorated to reflect the countries represented on the menu. There is also a large indoor covered patio with tropical plantings and areas specifically for children. Prices are mid-range for San Jose

CRSwallow, Owner at Tin Jo, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

Thank you so much for your lovely review.
Our dining rooms are each designed and created by Robert, my husband. Our Bamboo Room with the giant temple bamboos and the "hills' house large water tanks to reuse rain water. We really wanted a space that feels like an oasis in the center of San Jose.

We have put much love and thought in creating the Asain themed rooms, food and service. The Tin Jo is our life project and we are so happy you enjoyed and appreciate them.

with gratitud,