“Bait and Switch pricing”

Sleep Inn Hotel Paseo Las Damas
Ranked #22 of 78 Hotels in San Jose
Reviewed 16 May 2012

I booked thru hotels.com for one price at check in was same price but when I went to check out they charged me more and would not honor orignal price. full details of issue can be found at http://angrydolphin.us/SleepInn.htm , choice hotel would not respond to my inquiry requests.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank MiRod_PC
ASMCR, Gerente at Sleep Inn Hotel Paseo Las Damas, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2012

Dear guest,

My name is Alejandro Saborío and I am the Marketing and Sales Manager, I am really interest in your comments, its really strange because the only difference in the price could be the 13% of goverment taxes, so please let me know about the difference than our front desk staff charged to you during the check out, I´ll reimburse the difference, this must be a misunderstood, thank you.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

I stay here all the time. I bring groups all the time to this hotel. Unfortunately, this past stay was and continues to be a disaster. I was charged for a "no show" reservation that was cancelled with a valid cancellation number. The hotel plays the "no comprende" attitude when you call them. I even had my Colombia office contact them in Spanish and nobody ever got back to us. Absolutely, NO customer service.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Ariktravel

Dear Guest,

Your comments are of concern to us, please send to me the cancellation numbers you have and a copy of your invoice in order to refund your money, I assure you a refund in case of a cancellation with 24 hours or more prior to arrival, we appreciate your kindly attention and please receive our apologies if we did something wrong, please contact me to gerenciamercadeo@sleepinnsanjose.com, I appreciate your attention.

Reviewed 20 March 2012

We stayed here on our first night of our honeymoon, it was more of a stopover as we didn’t arrive until very late and were collected very early the next day (most people staying here were in the same situation). The hotel lobby is quite impressive with comfy seating next to reception, the staff are very friendly and helpful on reception. The rooms are ok, comfortable and clean – a bit like airport hotel rooms. Our toilet broke and we couldn’t flush it, I’m sure they would have fixed it but it was so late and we had been travelling a very long time and didn’t want to repack our stuff and change rooms. The breakfast wasn’t very good, poor selection of bread with jams, yogurt with some fruit. It’s fine as a place to just sleep whilst waiting to be transferred somewhere else but I wouldn’t recommend it for anything longer than a night.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 February 2012

We stayed here for two nights on the last leg of an eight day road trip. This Sleep Inn is not like the Sleep Inns in the US. It is more upscale and the plaque at the door has 4 stars which might be stretching it by about a half star. The property is one of the newest hotels in San Jose with decent rooms. The breakfast is quite adequate and the staff friendly. The one thing that detracted from the experience was the very poor internet connectivity. The only wifi in the hotel is in the lobby. The connectivity in the rooms is via their in-house wired network and the bandwidth is so bad it is almost unusable. We got better internet service in a backpackers hostel in the mountains. That said the location of the hotel is an excellent spot from which to explore the city center with its culture and many museums which are all within a short walk.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the casino side. The other side of the hotel is quite close to a major street wit...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank denverflier
Reviewed 3 February 2012

The only thing I have to add that is not in the other reviews is that while Wi-Fi is only available in the lobby, every room seems to have a functional Ethernet jack under the desk. $7.00 per day is ridiculous rent for a $3.00 cable.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends