All reviews costa rica nice casino place to stay flat screen spent nights rice beans rooms are spacious close to downtown street noise viviana barrio upgrades jaco transportation
Reviewed 12 August 2018

I had a very pleasant experience during a 5-day stay at the newly renovated Taormina Hotel in San Jose.

The check-in experience was very good. The front desk staff and manager were full of smiles. They were helpful and attentive.

I had a standard room with double beds. I was pleasantly surprised at how spacious, clean and modern the rooms were. Breakfast was included and the dining room people were always smiling and attentive.

Great value for the money

Room Tip: I stayed n the 4th floor, facing the street. Rooms are spacious and clean
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank prince5552018
Reviewed 8 August 2018

I stopped at the Taormina on Saturday, Aug 4th 2018 to visit with a friend who had just arrived from the US. We were sitting in the bar next to the casino catching up on things when they started live entertainment in the casino. It was very loud but they closed the door between the bar and the casino and the noise level was acceptable for talking. Then, to my amazement, a DJ sets up a speaker the size of a small car, in the bar and cranks up the music to a level that the only was you could communicate was to text the people at your table. I asked to have the volume turned down but was ignored. After a bit, the DJ showed one of the bartenders how to adjuct the volume and turned it almost off. I applauded and many other occupants joined my applause or gave a thumbs up. The DJ then immediately increased the volume to a level higher than before. I asked the DJ to lower the volume and he acted like he was deaf. (maybe he was) That was more than I could take and left. I will not be returning. Its unfortunate that management chooses to ignore the feelings of the customers.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank pcarder
Reviewed 6 August 2018

We have stayed here twice and the rooms are always clean and the staff friendly and helpful. The first time we stayed was in 2016 and due to renovations our room did not yet have a/c. The hotel management gave us a 50% discount on our stay due to the a/c not working. However, the October weather was beautiful and we were able to sleep very comfortably with the windows open, but the discount was much appreciated.
We stayed again last year in October, and the staff was very helpful in booking us excursions during the day. We especially enjoyed the private volcano tour. At night their Halloween party was a lot of fun. We are going back this year and plan on staying at Taormina again. If you are down in San Jose with your buddies, then consider this hotel for your trip.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 July 2018

Best stay that I have has in my five trips to CR. First stay at the Taormina Hotel and Casino. The room was very warm and clean. Customer service from the staff was wonderful !!! Food at the restaurant from breakfast to dinner was great.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank johnsobr52
Reviewed 26 June 2018

Stayed here this past weekend with me and my 3 buddies. The front desk and staff are outstanding! The restaurant served breakfast in the morning, and was delicious with a lot of choices! The rooms were very clean, AC was very nice. We will absolutely stay there again when we go back to San Jose!

Room Tip: its around a 30 minute taxi ride from airport
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends