All reviews front desk costa rica continental breakfast ceiling fan center of san jose rooms are small felt safe airport barrio downtown neighborhood earplugs bilingual cab
Reviewed 27 November 2015 via mobile

This place is a true gem in downtown San Jose. The staff are professional, helpful and extremely attentive. We have stayed here twice now and had two excellent experience both times. The rooms are extremely comfortable with decent mattress and small fridge in the room. The safe is an added bonus. The restaurant and bar are under new management and also very nice people who are drawing large dinner crowds of well to do local people. The location is good, near several good restaurants. We tried the new Italian restaurant across the street and it was very good and a comfortable feel to it. The best part of the Dunn Inn is again it's people.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
Laura B, General Manager at Hotel Dunn Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2015

Thank you for the nice comments. We are working hard to try to improve every day the service we offer to our clients. I will make sure our staff read your opinion about them. Hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 25 November 2015

We were traveling with a group of people and I can speak for everyone that we all loved our time at the Dunn Inn. We do a fair amount of international travel and we always look for boutique hotels that can offer a high quality local experience. We generally feel like the big box hotels are too sterile and since Costa Rica is such a dynamic country, we really tried to get a much local essence as possible. The Dunn Inn met all of our expectations, the staff was great and we would be very happy to stay there again. We ate at the restaurant that is attached to the hotel a couple of times and their food was delicious. It would be great for larger groups like ours as well as for couples and individuals. Overall excellent hotel.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends

It is really nice to read comments like yours. Thank you for taking the time to write to us. We are glad to find out we were able to meet all your expectations. We hope to welcome you again when you visit San Jose.

Reviewed 24 November 2015

Room had a window, was quiet and the birds in the surrounding trees sing at dawn and dusk.
Xaviar the girl in charge of breakfast is very good at her job. The reception staff led by Ian Fernandez is friendly, helpful and very knowledgeable. They booked tours for me and saved me money on trips to Jaco.
The housekeeping staff clean well and change towels everyday. The hot water heater is efficient and the air conditioner is good. there is also a fan. The safe is easy to operate.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your nice comments. I will let Ian know your opinion about him. We are proud of our staff. Hope to welcome you in the near future

Reviewed 24 November 2015

Great Service.. Clean Rooms, Hot Water (thank god) and friendly staff. I have stayed at the Dunn Inn about 6 times, the rooms have gotten better on each visit. It is the only Hotel that I stay at. It is definitely one of the best hotels to stay at. (From: Lionel Jones)

Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you Lionel. We try to improve the services we offer to our clients every day. I'm glad to find out you liked the changes. Hope to welcome in your next visits to San José

Reviewed 24 November 2015

nothing but good from this establishment, I will always stay here when I am in san jose, the staff is very good and the location is perfect for me. I have stayed there four different times and I honestly have nothing negative to say and I have stayed in 5 different rooms. The service to the airport is another very good for my use.

Room Tip: don't understand
Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Laura B, Front Office Manager at Hotel Dunn Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2015

To read that a repetitive client have nothing but good things to say about the hotel is amazing. I will inform the staff about your comments. We are happy to be able to fulfill your expectations.