All reviews front desk costa rica continental breakfast ceiling fan center of san jose rooms are small felt safe airport barrio downtown neighborhood earplugs bilingual
Reviewed 24 November 2015

nothing but good from this establishment, I will always stay here when I am in san jose, the staff is very good and the location is perfect for me. I have stayed there four different times and I honestly have nothing negative to say and I have stayed in 5 different rooms. The service to the airport is another very good for my use.

Room Tip: don't understand
Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Laura B, Front Office Manager at Hotel Dunn Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2015

To read that a repetitive client have nothing but good things to say about the hotel is amazing. I will inform the staff about your comments. We are happy to be able to fulfill your expectations.

Reviewed 24 November 2015

Could have been great. The hotel is nice and restaurant is better than most. Just getting hit for an additional charge on my second night and a group of screaming children at 1am on a Tuesday night when i had to fly soured my review. Had to call twice to the desk and it still kept going. Have no idea what it was but ended up screaming out the window with other guests. Might have been the owner and his kids who knows?

Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank srcurrybro
Laura B, General Manager at Hotel Dunn Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2015

Thank you for taking the time to bring this experience to our attention. That night the restaurant had a private party. We are taking the necessary steps to prevent this situation happening again. I apologize for the inconveniences this incident caused to you.

Reviewed 24 November 2015

The room was so small for the rate I paid. When I asked for an upgrade they said all the larger rooms were occupied. The room was infested with small ants and other small insects. Rigo the driver speaks no English, stares rudely at the guests, how does he get any business from English only speaking guests is beyond me. The cleaning staff was very friendly and did a great job of keeping my room clean and full of extra towels. The front desk staff was professional enough but not overly friendly .The young lady who serves breakfast is always very friendly and professional. The breakfast consists of a piece of cheese, ham, toast and juice/coffee.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to write to us. The feedback of our guests allow us to improve the service we offer. If it is possible I will like to call you to find out a little bit more about your experience. If it's possible please write to laura@hoteldunninn.com. I will contact you immediately.

Reviewed 21 November 2015

Excellent hotel, excellent staff, what more do you look for in a hotel? The hotel is in an excellent location, Bario Amon is really easy to get to anywhere in San Jose'. The staff is friendly and helpful, the security is excellent, the hotel is very clean, a pleasant experience the times I have stayed there.

Room Tip: For an overnight the smallest room is adequate, for a few nights upgrade to the next larger size if available.
Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for sharing such nice comments with us. We hope to welcome you in San Jose during your next visit.

Reviewed 20 November 2015

My wife and I walked from the bus station in town to the hotel wheeling our bags - and walked right back into town later on. The location is great for walking and seeing the urban Tico lifestyle. Very close is the "Museo de los Ninos" - an old penitentiary that's now the Children's Museum - we found it fascinating and helpful to learn more Spanish, all while observing locals with their kids. There are many restaurants around, and if you want to talk to American expats, just hang at the adjoining Rick's bar into the evening - fun!

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room. We slept one night in a the ground floor front corner room where traffic drives by, but still had no trouble sleeping.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple

Thank your for your nice comments! It's very nice to find out that you had the opportunity to experience the tico lifestyle. The Museo de los Niños is one of the best places to get involved with our culture. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit to Costa Rica and our hotel