Apartotel Suites Cristina
US$ 127
US$ 87
Barcelo San Jose(San Jose)
US$ 91
Agoda.com
US$ 70
US$ 68
  • Breakfast included
Cocoon Hotel(San Jose)(Great Value!)
US$ 42
US$ 39
  • Breakfast included
Hostel Casa Colon(San Jose)(Great Value!)
US$ 51
US$ 112
US$ 101
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsdental workfull kitchensabana parktoaster ovenbath suitedental treatmentevery morninglaundry soapexcellent place to staycosta ricaliving areacleaned dailydental carefree airport transportationapartment hotelhave stayed here many timesdaily breakfast
Reviewed 24 February 2012

If you are new to Costa Rica you will discover that the cost of living (or vacationing) thre is anything but cheap. I found grocery prices in the super market to be substantially more than I pay at home (midwest USA). Anyhow, I recently stayed at Apartotel Suites Cristina for about six nights and was totally pleased with the experience. For approx $70 USD cash per night I had a very nice suite. Nice sized well equipped kitchen, dining area, and living room with tv, couch and chairs. The bedroom was decent sized with one of the most comfortable beds I´ve ever slept in. The bathroom was large with a nice sized shower WITH hot water. Also included a hair dryer and plenty of clean towels and linen every day. Good ventilation meant that I never had to run the AC because there was always a cool breeze to keep me cool. The maids work very hard at keeping the place spotless. A delicious breakfast with made to order omelettes and other goodies is served poolside every morning from 7-10 am and is included in the price. The location is ideal. About 2 blocks from La Sabana Parque along with numerous restaurants very close as well as banks and a supr market. While not a 5 star hotel, for travelers on a tight budget and wanting a very nice comfortable place to stay in a great neighborhood, you can´t miss this one. I know that if I´m ever in San Jose again, this is definetly the place where I will stay.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Tomthetraveler99
Reviewed 4 February 2012

To All my travelers give this place a try you will not be Disapointed. Just like living in a apartment. this is the best place I have stayed while in Sasn Jose the rates are reasonable and if you pay cash they discount your rate. Its in a very quiet and safe neighborhood. The staff is very helpful they can arrange tours or provide you with information about costa Rica. Breakfast is served Daily and it is very Delicious. The rooms are cleaned daily. Also there is a pool if you like to go swimming or relax and get a suntan. This Hotel has everthing you need including a Electronic safe. The Hotel front desk is gluent In English as well as Spanish. its very close where you need to go there are Taxi everwhere or you can hop on a bus. There is a Subway and a Burger king within walking distance next to Sabana Park

Room Tip: if your traveling solo or as a couple the Standard room is big Enough with plenty of room.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank jj5627
Reviewed 6 January 2012

Four of us stayed here four times during our trip and it was wonderful. We used it as our hub to venture out on tours to six locations around Costa Rica. We left our big suitcases here and they took great care of us. The rooms were very clean and roomy. The food was great and everyone was very helpful and friendly. The location is centralized. Easy to get to good restaurants, San Jose sites, a large grocery store within a few blocks, and a safe neighborhood. Wonderful value!!

Room Tip: The rooms in the main building (like 222) are very nice!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2012

I booked blind based on reviews here and it was our best accommodation in Costa Rica (from 5 places we stayed in during our visit to CR). We (2 couples) stayed in a standard 2 bedroom suite. The kitchen is adequately stocked and the fridge is big. The beds are pretty comfortable and there is lots of room for hanging up clothes if staying a while. There are places to eat nearby like the trusty Rosti Pollos. The supermarket is 15-20 mins walk away. Staff are friendly and speak good English. The breakfast is fresh and varied. You can have gallo pinto, fruit, cereal, drinking yoghurt, bread, tea, juice, coffee, etc. I would have tried out the pool (cleaned daily) but December is a little colder in San Jose. The Plaza de la Cultura is 2,500 (or $5) by taxi. Recommended.

Room Tip: Not on a busy road and don't expect views.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank adamb99
Reviewed 16 December 2011

I think I left a little of my heart there. This was my second trip to San Jose, CR. I was
so pleased to be welcomed by everyone. I requested a smaller room this time, as I was by myself the first week. Again, the room was clean and fresh. I can not stress how important it was to me,that Elizabeth, at the front desk, could answer all my questions. She knows about all the tours, about prices and especially how to get around the city. Ramon, the driver, was always available and always with a smile. Breakfast as usual by the pool, was excellent. I also want to mention, there was never a moment of not being safe at the Cristina.

Room Tip: higher floors have better views, and stairs.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo