Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Robert R
Greenville, Pennsylvania

Great friendly place. They go the extra mile for you!!

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 26 Mar 2023
I stayed at the sister hotel called Hotel Castalla. I have stayed at both places over the course of 20 years. Friendly people adults only. Best deal all inclusive. The owner Matt lent me his personal golf clubs to golf at the country club.
Sorry to hear about Rudy, he was a good guy. He helped my daughters boyfriend when he had an appendix attack down there. Thanks guys.
Date of stay: March 2023
  • Hilton Garden Inn
    ₹10,834
12.9 km from Hotel La Amistad
View more hotels in San Jose
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 November 2019

The staff here is truly wonderful. I would book directly from the website and get the all inclusive drinks and food. I am very used to a memory foam mattress and they have them here. It is true there is a train that runs behind the hotel and that it is a small place, but I love the train sounds, I get up very early for the sunset and I value the customer service and comfy beds. I did not see any signs of "working girls" or other party type atmosphere, just a diverse group of very chill people. Food is excellent!

Date of stay: November 2019
Reviewed 11 November 2019 via mobile

It has an old flare to hotel kinda of nostalgic looking and.close to Del Rey
And the Sportsman Lounge.But what I loved was that for 10 US dollars you can
Upgrade to the all inclusive which includes
Drinks and breakfast lunch and dinner.
For instance for dinner I had filet mignon
Just Saying for me that was well worth it.
Also they are chica friendly.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank Al H
Reviewed 7 November 2019 via mobile

I love the Hotel La Amistad I lived in Jaco Beach for 14 years. Every time I stayed in San Jose I stayed at the LaAmistad. The hotel is a renovated mansion. Wonderful staff and I feel the food is some of the finest in the whole country. I stayed there close to 20 times. The hotel is safe and very close to downtown it’s a wonderful experience and everyone should try it once

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 September 2019

Where to start this place is a hidden gem, who cares about the passing train from 5 am thru 9 am, sunrises are amazing in San José. If it wasn’t for the train, I would have been awakened by the 530 am earthquake which shook intensely and I was in a safe area. You have a police station, a hospital, and a bank, all nearby. This is a drama free establishment, with a caring staff. Take your pick: Leo, Neto, Rudy, Juan ( overnight), Ruthy(bar), the housekeeper, Hazel (awesome massage therapist), the chefs and kitchen. This is a place where patience will bring you what you need in a joyous mood. The food menu is very good. The hotel’s overall cleanliness is phenomenal. Safety is the staffs number 1 priority. There are a lot of places that are close to walk to, until around 9 pm. This is my first time at the Amistad, but I don’t know have been going to San José for years, joyfully surprised by the welcoming ambiance.
Now 1 downfall for lazy people, this is a 3 floor hotel with no elevator. You always have to look down, with all the steps.
The mattresses need to be updated and changed, that’s my only negative, unless you have an iron back or can sleep through storms.
Thank you again to the wonderful staff and their deep sincerity towards giving guests their best attitudes. It’s what made my stay enjoyable!!!!

Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed 13 February 2019 via mobile

I was expecting more based on the price. This is a 3 story hotel (no elevator) next to train tracks. My room had no windows except for one in the bathroom that looked out into the hotel stairwell. Furniture was minimal but the mattress was quite comfortable. The bar area is very small with very little activity. I will confess the menu was quite good as was the food. Avoid it’s sister hotel, El Castillo.
For the price I would skip La Amistad and check in at Sportsmen’s Lodge around the corner.

Date of stay: February 2019