“Top-notch facilities and service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn San Jose Downtown Aurola

Holiday Inn San Jose Downtown Aurola
Ranked #26 of 85 Hotels in San Jose
Fayetteville, Arkansas
“Top-notch facilities and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2012

We spent three nights here and was very impressed with this hotel in downtown San Jose. Its facilities are very nice and the service great. We were always greeted by Rinetta and David at the front desk or upstairs on the executive floor, and their hospitality and assistance could not be better! Convenient location to the (limited) sights, good breakfast buffet with the room, and nice snacks/drinks in the executive lounge. Everything works, so just relax and enjoy. The El Mirador restaurant is overpriced, but you get lots of atmosphere with the vista.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
norman2, Driftwood Hospitality Management at Holiday Inn San Jose Downtown Aurola, responded to this review, 2 June 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are very happy you had a wonderful stay with us! Our staff at the front desk was very pleased when we read your review to them!

We are working on improving El Mirador. The ambience is wonderful and with our new General Manager, we are improving every day!

Please come visit us again soon. Pura Vida!
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012

Excellent rooms, views, fitness facilities, great for business and or leisure! In the center of San Jose! I truly enjoyed my stay specially with the awesome internet rates they offer. So if in business in San Jose, I highly recommend! Also walking distance to San Jose landmarks like the National Theater!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor room for the best view.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
norman2, Management Company at Holiday Inn San Jose Downtown Aurola, responded to this review, 29 May 2012
Thank you for choosing us during your recent stay in San Jose. We appreciate your business and am very happy to hear that you enjoyed all of our amenities and great rates! Please be sure to stay with us again the next time you are in San Jose for business or pleasure!

Fort Myers, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2012

I was reluctant to book this hotel because I normally stay at one of two other franchise hotels, but the location and reviews sold me, so I took a chance. I was extremely frustrated with this hotel because I tried confirm my reservation twice prior to arrival and got no response. Both emails to the hotel went unanswered and I was not in a part of the world where I could call. Finally I was able to call when I arrived in Tamarindo for the first of two weeks I planned to spend in Costa Rica on vacation and they had no record of my reservation. Go figure. Then they said they found it, but completely disregarded the notes/special requests. Got it all straight upon arrival, but the hotel did not have shuttle service from Tobias Airport for domestic flights. I was just frustrated because it all could have been avoided if they communicated with their customers. Hotel lobby is gorgeous. Rooms are niced, although my room had stained carpet. Other than that, the facility was fine. The breakfast buffet was average. Mostly they served the same food every day. That gets boring and quite honestly the food wasn't that great. I went to buy a bottle of water one day from the restaurant and the lady immediately said they were $3.00 a piece. I half jokingly mentioned that I thought that was a little steep, but it must be some great water. She immediately adjusted he price to $2.00. I didn't appreciate that very much because I didn't expect the to receive the infamous "multi tiered" pricing at the Holiday Inn which is typically found throughout CR and is determined by your nationality? It seems like the rule is always to get whatever and as much as you can from the foreigners. The front desk folks are helpful, but act like they don't want to be. Bit of an attitude. The bell hops (in green uniforms) are very good and always willing to offer help or advice. They actually act like great concierge's. But the best employee at this entire hotel was by far a woman named Yoisi. If you order room service in the evening she will probably be the eager, bright faced, happy, delightful employee who delivers your food with a smile and friendly greeting. Quite refreshing compared to some of the other complacent employees working here. She should be promoted and put in charge of customer relations. She could certainly teach a lot of folks here something about customer service!! Incidentally, the best food I had he was through room service. Great tropical club sandwich!

Overall, my stay wasn't bad... It just wasn't great and was not what I'm accustom to. Too many glum faces looking at you suspiciously, not making the guests feel welcome. Great beds and pillows!

Room Tip: Make sure you confirm your reservation before you get here or you may be out of luck.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank T C
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2012

Friends and I went a day early before our tour of Costa Rica with Caravan so we could see the attractions in San Jose. The hotel was in walking distance of all the places we wanted to see. The last night of our tour we stayed here also, but returned too late to see much of San Jose so we were glad we went a day early. The hotel staff was wonderful and I had a corner room both times with a great view of the park across the street. The food in the restaurant was good also. I would recommend it because of its location and helpful staff.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your kind review of our hotel. We love hosting the Caravan guests and am just sorry you did not have more time to explore our exciting city! Please come see us again!

Miami
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2012 via mobile

Although the neighborhood has deteriorared some (especifically after hours), thos hotel continues to provide beauty, comfort and safety. It is an old hotel that maintains very very well. Elegant, clean, and very well habitable. Forget the image of the old Holiday Inn at this place. It is a luxurious and well kept Holiday Inn and a fantastic rates.

• Stayed May 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Wow! what a great review! You have made our team very happy today with your kind words! We try so hard to make every guest feel special and when we get it right, we are pleased!

Please come see us again!