US$ 153
  • Breakfast included
Balmoral Hotel(San Jose)
US$ 136
US$ 89
Barcelo San Jose(San Jose)
US$ 134
US$ 119
US$ 112
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsjapanese restaurantclub floorcosta ricathe executive loungebusiness tripfitness centerbreakfast buffetbusy roadcity hotelsmall casinoabout minutes from the airportrooms are bigsoccer stadiumus dollarsgrocery storerooms are comfortablenice pool
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

My favorite hotel in San José when on business.
Spacious, well appointed rooms with everything you need.

Fantastic, very personal and friendly service, from bellboys to management.

The breakfast choice is awesome, as is the gym that is connected to the hotel. Whirlpool, lap pool or cardio equipment, all there. The best thing: opens already at 5am.

Recommendation: treat yourself to the club floor so you can use the lounge there- highly recommended!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Corobici, Marketing at Crowne Plaza Hotel Corobici, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Dear Beatrice H:

Our goal is to become the Hotel that our Guests Love.

On behalf of the Staff of the Crowne Plaza Hotel a huge thanks, we are looking forward to your next visit at our hotel.

Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

I believe the Crowne Plaza offers a reasonable value equation, with good service, good and comfortable rooms and good food in its restaurants. On top of the other things, the hotel is very well located in perspective to the main roads and financial district, as well as the airport. It is also right next to the Sabana Park which is nice for a run. The National Football stadium is also within walking distance.

You have to adjust overall expectations if you have been to great resorts in Mexico or nice hotels in the US, but believe me it is OK for San José.

The Fuji Japanese restaurant inside has great food, although service can be slow at times. It can be packed.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Jose P
Corobici, Marketing at Crowne Plaza Hotel Corobici, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2017

Dear Jose P:

Reviewed 17 August 2017

The location is great - close to airport and the central city - but it has obviously been around a while and could use some cosmetic touches. A typical tour group hotel but the rooms are satisfactory, the a/c is excellent and so is the WiFi (free to guests). The hotel staff are a delight: pleasant, smiling, and always ready to help, you really are made to feel welcome upon arrival. As I arrived at 9am from an early flight, it was great to be able to be checked in immediately and not wait until midday to access my room. Beds very comfortable, bathroom is adequate. Casino and gym onsite for those guests so inclined.

Room Tip: Only the top floors have decent views, the rest aren't even worth looking out of!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank TravelingWoman001
Corobici, Marketing at Crowne Plaza Hotel Corobici, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Dear TravelingWoman001,

Thank you very much for your time and for sharing with us your experience at our Hotel. It is so valuable for us to know our guests feelings. Our goal is to become the Hotel that our Guests Love.

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

My family and I stayed at this particular hotel for two different nights during a trip to Pacuare Lodge. We missed our connection Inn Miami (thank your American Airlines) and had to change our reservation for a day later. We were inside of our cancellation policy, but the Crowne Plaza was understanding and did not charge us the penalty which would have been the cost of each room. The staff was very friendly and the front office staff spoke great English. There is a nice large outdoor pool, a small casino, and a Japanese restaurant that we are at twice. One night we did the hibachi grille and the other night we ate sushi and both were really good. Their breakfast buffet was very big and very good with every selection imaginable. The rooms were comfortable. It's an older hotel but it was still clean as comfortable. We stayed on the concierge floor and the evening appetizers and breakfast were really good. Boxes of cereal for the kids was perfect too! Lol! The one surprise to me was the work out area that was included. It had a lap pool and it had everything imaginable one could need to work out. I was shocked at what all was available to the guests in this fitness area. I'm almost guessing it has probable membership too because I'm not sure how the hotel alone could support that facility. We walked to lunch one day at a very close by Mexican restaurant called Las Manitas (I think that's what it was called) and it was VERY GOOD! This hotel is located on a very busy road. Lots of traffic! There is a Nissan dealership next door and a very large park that use to be fhe airport a block away. Hope this helps. We definitely would use this hotel again

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank Roberson M
Corobici, Marketing at Crowne Plaza Hotel Corobici, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

Dear Roberson:

On behalf of all the hotel staff we will like to express our sincere gratitude for sharing with us your comments. Each day we work with passion to make a better perform than the day before. We are on our way to make the Hotel That Our Guests Love!

The Crowne Plaza Family will always be our pleasure to host, looking forward for your next visit.

Reviewed 15 July 2017

I stayed here a couple of weeks ago and here’s what I have to say:

The location was perfect. Not too far from the airport, right across from a Más x Menos grocery store, and it is relatively close to the city center. Although we found out that the hotel offers a shuttle service, we never got offered the service, so therefore we never knew about it. Even when I sent an email and asked, they replied but completely avoided my question. Most of the staff is very professional and friendly. Housekeeping was very nice and left the room very neat everyday. The hotel is a bit old and needs a little renovation. I slept comfortably most nights with the exception of a couple of nights when my rollaway bed was not very comfortable due to the old mattress springs pushing against my back and my ribs. I asked to please change the bed and they gladly did it. I was able to sleep comfortable since then.
The Club Lounge was small but was cozy. My only complaint is that they need a little more variety, during breakfast and during happy hour. The restaurant in the 1st floor had a lot more breakfast variety as did the bar. All of the employees were nice except for one gal who had a bit of an attitude in the Club Lounge.
Unfortunately, I couldn’t use the pool because the first 3 or 4 days it was undergoing maintenance. I wish the pool would have been heated though so I could have been able to actually use it. The hotel had frequent hot water shortages which happened at night (which is when I prefer to shower).
Overall, I would return to this hotel despite those issues.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank twocrazycats62
Corobici, Marketing at Crowne Plaza Hotel Corobici, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2017

Dear Guest:

Our goal is to become the Hotel that our Guests Love.

We will check every detail as you mentioned. Once again thank you for staying with us.

Marketing