“Great Sushi and Good Price”
Review of Okami Sushi

Okami Sushi
Ranked #113 of 822 Restaurants in San Jose
Cuisines: Japanese
Description: El Restaurante Okami fue concebido bajo la idea de ofrecer lo mejor de la comida japonesa a precios razonables, brindando la mejor calidad del mercado.
Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

The fish was really fresh, great miso soup, generous portions and a very good price!
The restaurant is small and informal, the owner was friendly.
I really recommend this sushi and will be back again next time I will be in San Josè!

Reviewed 11 October 2015

we were staying at the casa 69 hotel in san jose, a favorite haunt of those coming and going thru san jose costa rica. after a week on the caribbean side we decided to 'see what the city had to offer'. settled into casa 69 and went looking for a place to grab something to eat ... found okami sushi restaurant.
I've lived in japan for 5 years and sushi is a very serious 'conversation', not everyone can get that 'job done!'. we went in to check it out mid afternoon and was told the restaurant was open for lunch til 2p and reopens at 4p til 9p the owner was willing to pour us a glass(or two!!) of white wine and we talked a bit and decided to come back for dinner. i was very pleasantly surprised ... especially with the 'salmon skin hand rolls(a personal favorite!)'. the sushi was fresh well prepared and as mentioned in the title ... a pleasant surprise!

Reviewed 22 June 2015

First, we are all aware in CR that transportation is an issue, but if you still decide to visit Okami by car, just leave it in the parking lot across the street, DO NOT double park in front of the shop to avoid being interrupted in the middle of the meal by another driver who wants to leave. Now for the food, this was second visit there and I am still not thrilled about it, nigiri sushi rice was tough, too compacted, difficult to chew, and like all sushi restaurants I've ever been in CR they don't seasoned the fish with wasabi underneath, I would like to think that this is because most people are not as happy as me with the taste (even though is not the real deal) instead of thinking cost reduction. Yasaitame was good, as were the gyozas, friendly staff and great dècor

Reviewed 22 March 2015

Location: Small place, just 4 parking spots but there is a public parking in the north block.

Very good menu: soups, rices, salmon, meat, chicken, sushi.

The salmon teriyaki and the rainbow rolls are good options.

Very good price for a japanese, like $20-$25 per person.

Is not the best Japanese of San Jose, but price/quality is the best.

Reviewed 17 January 2015 via mobile

We stayed inSan Jose overnight from Monteverde to Boca del toro. Wanted a close by lunch and found this place. So delicious! We got the Ensalada Verdi which was so fresh and delicious!! I got the Sashimi Plate which had a ton of really well cut fish, octopus and poke. My boyfriend got the sushi plate and it was great as well. I've worked at a few sushi restaurants and live in Alaska so I like to think I know fish ;). If you are looking for a place to eat, you won't go wrong here. Plus they were really nice people.. 5 stars