“Many Veg Options”

Mantras Veggie Cafe and Tea House
Ranked #2 of 19 Dessert in San Jose
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 11
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Beauty and health come from within, at MANTRAS, we are making this a possibility. We have RAW, ORGANIC, VEGAN, VEGETARIAN, GLUTEN, DAIRY & SUGAR FREE options that are DELICIOUS on your soul!! The active enzymes that our food provides your body will allow it to always be at its prime level of energy, health and beauty. We support serving organically local fruits and vegetables using natural ingredients specializing in a diverse menu. We do natural cold press juicing, smoothies, kombucha and fermented foods. . We work with small producers and venders supporting our local economy. We have outdoor and indoor seating, take large groups with or without reservation.
Reviewed 15 August 2018

Enjoyed lunch on the back terrace which is quite pleasant surrounded by plants and lots of fresh air.

The portions are quite large and filling. It was difficult to choose from all the veg options. Overall the food was tasty.

Next time I will pass on the fresh juice as it was green but tasted like water.

Reviewed 12 July 2018

I find it so frustrating when a restaurant advertises itself a 'vegan' and then they serve you food that has cheese -_____-

Reviewed 12 July 2018

Really great, fresh food. Creative cuisine. I highly recommend the bowls. Friendly staff, even when I had an issue of them not putting cream into my drink as stated on the menu, they dealt with it nicely (I had to prod a bit and not give up, but response was fine). Drink would be boring and overpriced without the cream.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

We don´t have many vegan places in San José now, I guess they need competition in order to improve! They used to be really good. Now they always lack ingredients, so when you order, they come back a few minutes later to tell you that they don´t have some ingredient for the dish you intended to eat, so ALWAYS have a plan B and C. I can manage that, but last time they said they didn´t have beans, and when I said I wouldn´t eat there, then they said they did have beans... so it is eaither they are getting too lazy to prepare certain meals or they just don´t care about customers at all, I got the feeling they want to scare away customers so they have an excuse to shot down the restaurant... I really don´t understand... I won´t come back there! I don´t recommended at all!

Reviewed 8 June 2018

We've been there twice now, and both times the food was absolutely great. Very tasty, great selection of international dishes, and enough of it to satisfy even a very hungry person. All this at resonable, if not cheap, prices.

Food is served in a half-open space, with maybe the only thing to complain about being the kitchens loud fan. But choose a place not directly next to it and you'll be fine.