“Good Enough to Give Another Chance”
Review of Tintos y Blancos

Tintos y Blancos
Ranked #56 of 708 Restaurants in San Jose
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 15
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 December 2016

Went there for a business meal with a mix of Ticos and Gringos - myself being one of the latter. The staff was very good at handling the needs of our large group. It was my first time with a major wine list in Costa Rica and I was a bit overwhelmed by the heavy skew towards Argentine and Chilean wines. Not my deepest knowledge there so I looked over the French offerings and found them to be very expensive aside from a well-priced and well-aged Cahours. Turned out to be a nice bottle. Looking to the California wines I was a bit unhappy to find the selection very limited and the best value being a Robert Mondavi that I pay $7.99 for back home and pour for folks who just want something to wash down their food. My biggest disappointment however came with my entree - a seared, rare (my request) tuna steak which tasted very fishy. I tried to finish it but it just wasn't right. Fortunately the vegetable ragout served on the side was rich and delicious and enough to fill me up. My dinner companions were very happy with their food so I'll give this place another chance, explore the wine menu, but probably avoid the fish.

1  Thank Stefan P

Reviewed 2 December 2016 via mobile

Excellent service & good food. Was recommended by our hotel & was no disappointment. The "entraña" steak ( churrasco/skirt steak ) served with mushroom risotto was excellent & the
Grilled Salmon very good! Nicely located.

Reviewed 15 September 2016 via mobile

Tourist trap!!! They will charge you extra if they think you're drunk- so fake it! Great environment, but it sucks that they are not responsible enough to review before they charge

Reviewed 29 August 2016 via mobile

My girlfriend and I like to visit this place between Mon-Friday because they have 3 different menu options (everyday) (all week) for a great price ( $12-18).
Not only you enjoy a different dish every time you visit but the special includes:
- Entry
- Drink (Sangria, Wine or Fruit Juice)
- Italian bread (if you ask)
- Main Course (3 options)
- dessert
- coffee
- and digestive liquor (if you ask).

All that for about $15 !!!
And they give you a 20% discount card if you're a regular. This is by far, the best deal in town for lunch on a regular weekday.

There is one 'Tintos y Blancos' on the west side of town (at Multiplaza Escazu) and another on the East side (At Terramall).

They have live music on the weekends and another special for Saturday afternoon and Sunday lunch or dinner (Paella and Sangria for two).

I highly recommend this restaurant for it's food, staff and price.

Bon Appetit !!

Reviewed 6 August 2016

Despite a slow start the service made this experience with interest and good advice.excellent food with meat in particular being good the wine list is excellent but best enjoyed with friends as the carafe selection is slightly pedestrian. If you can see past the car park setting it's a great place.