“Wish I had come sooner”
Review of Kula

Kula
Ranked #74 of 770 Restaurants in San Jose
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 8
Description: Vegetarian, Vegan, 100% organic food. Non GMO. Real food with tons of love. Sandwich, Salads and COLD PRESS JUICES.
Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

Came here for lunch on my last day in Costa Rica. Had veggie sandwich, side salad, 2 glasses of Cas and espresso. The sandwich was to die for as was the salad. Best Cas I’ve had in San Jose and the coffee was pretty good. They had menus in English and the staff were really friendly. Watched them making some of the food and it was all so fresh. First stop next time I am in Costa Rica.

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

You def need some basic Spanish skills in this place. Listen I know that it's very American of me to expect to be able to communicate in another country without learning the language... believe me I'm working on it.

I struggled ordering here because I had to google every ingredient. I also had just gotten into CR and only had USD so there was some confusion with the exchange rate. Both were of course totally my fault.

They were very patient and helpful and we figured it out. I'm vegan and I got the veggie sandwich with no mayo. Unsure if the pesto has cheese in it so it actually may not have been vegan friendly.

Tomatoes, onions, avocado, heart of palm and pesto on ciabatta bread. It was served warm with a side salad. MAN was it good. I had been traveling so I was starving but I scarfed it down so quickly it was ridic lol.

They have an amazing selection of juices and kombucha but I didn't want to keep bothering them with the USD issue. I have colones now so I'm gonna try and go back before I leave San Jose.

This place is bomb and you should check it out.

1  Thank Bianca O
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Hungry for a late lunch, we were drawn in by the wonderful menu and atmosphere. We loved everything about Kula - from the food (especially the pesto salad and 4-cheese sandwich), the friendly staff, and the warm feel to the place. Everything is fresh, mostly organic, flavorful, and healthful.

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

We hunted this place down having read other reviews. My husband was about to start huffing and puffing because I didn't find it straight away, but I knew we were close and told him to enjoy the adventure (the rain, at least, had stopped).
Thank goodness we walked around the next corner and found this lovely place. Just what we needed to vary our tourists' typical rice and beans experience. I had spinach and potato curry with rice (bueno), husband had a huge pesto and cheese salad, daughter had mushroom and chickpea lasagne with salad.
Rather close to our hotel - maybe we will pop back for lunch tomorrow before we fly home.
Highly recommended.

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

The interior was very beautiful and modern. The lunch menu quite cheap and tasteful. We will definitely go there again!