“Fabulous salads and sandwiches”
Review of Kula

Kula
Ranked #77 of 822 Restaurants in San Jose
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 8
Description: Vegetarian, Vegan, 100% organic food. Non GMO. Real food with tons of love. Sandwich, Salads and COLD PRESS JUICES.
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Hungry for a late lunch, we were drawn in by the wonderful menu and atmosphere. We loved everything about Kula - from the food (especially the pesto salad and 4-cheese sandwich), the friendly staff, and the warm feel to the place. Everything is fresh, mostly organic, flavorful, and healthful.

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

We hunted this place down having read other reviews. My husband was about to start huffing and puffing because I didn't find it straight away, but I knew we were close and told him to enjoy the adventure (the rain, at least, had stopped).
Thank goodness we walked around the next corner and found this lovely place. Just what we needed to vary our tourists' typical rice and beans experience. I had spinach and potato curry with rice (bueno), husband had a huge pesto and cheese salad, daughter had mushroom and chickpea lasagne with salad.
Rather close to our hotel - maybe we will pop back for lunch tomorrow before we fly home.
Highly recommended.

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

The interior was very beautiful and modern. The lunch menu quite cheap and tasteful. We will definitely go there again!

Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

I have been traveling alone here in Costa Rica. I am also vegan, which can sometimes be a challenge to find good vegan food. Kula healthy bar is absolutely amazing. The food is so tasty and the staff is genuine. I only speak a little bit of Spanish which also makes things a bit more of a challenge, however, the owner speaks fluent English. So far I have come here three times and will most certainly be going back again during my current stay in San Jose Costa Rica. I HIGHLY recommend coming here!!! In the pictures I included, the food is: a yummy salad, an amazing falafel burger, and a veggie sandwich with pesto! All vegan and all delicious. Thank you kula healthy bar! ✨

1  Thank Amelia D
Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

Popped in for a bite after reading the reviews. Food and juices were delicious, kids raved about it too! We had quinoa and feta salad, juices and a piece of peach cake. Definitely recommend, when you are sick of fried food!