“Most Amazing Octopus I have EVER eaten”

History Gastro Lounge
Ranked #11 of 183 Restaurants in Escazu
Description: From Europe to Costa Rica, we bring you the best urban concept of restaurant, coffee break and lounge. History Gastro Lounge brings the best service, atmosphere and state of the art products all fresh from the kitchen to your table. We use the best ingredients from the local and international markets such as Hot Dutch cheese, Red and Black Angus, wild salmon, lamb from New Zealand and many more.
Reviewed 15 May 2017

Please do yourself a huge favor and go to this restaurant and order their GRILLED Octopus. You will thank me if you do, nay, you will smile to yourself and agree, you owe that guy who wrote this review a dinner if ever you were to meet me. They some how know how to grill Octopus so that it absorbs a mild garlic grill delight but also becomes uncharacteristically JUICY, SOFT and TENDER........

If you are reading this, you likely understand, Octopus is usually "fun" food....chewy and almost flavorless.....when ordered as SUSHI, Octopus is child's fun......it has no real purpose other than being funky......but here at History, octopus comes out in a set of LARGE legs, grilled to PERFECTION.......I mean it, it is utterly fantastic.......they know how to add flavor, add some delicious vegetables and cook that damn octopus into an other worldly delight.......I can not wait to go back.......everyone who ever visits Escazu needs to encounter this chef's work..........A+++++++ One of the best grilled experiences of my life.

1  Thank PeterFrorer

Reviewed 1 May 2017

We took a friend just arriving from abroad to have lunch in this restaurant, since my wife went there with a group of friends some days ago and she thought it was a good place to bring our friend. It was a new place for me too, because I never went there before. The restaurant looks nice, they have tables indoor and outdoors, but the outdoors table are a little bit noicy due to the traffic passing a few meters away. Due to the warm and humid days that San Jose is experiencing nowadays, the tables outdoors are the best option, specially if you do not care the car noice. But all in all, the food was acceptable and with a good presentation

Reviewed 5 March 2017

We absolutely loved the food, Special Craft Beer on tap(recommended by my husband), ambiance and our server Marvin. We had dinner there twice. The Norwegian Salmon, Sea Bass & steak. Each one of them was prepared with excellence. Marvin has impeccable English and is so pleasant to chat with. We were enchanted with live Jazz/Clarinet music one evening. All the servers are refined and very pleasant. We recommend you try this unique restaurant.

1  Thank Suzy P
historygastrolounge, Propietario at History Gastro Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2017

We are glad the you enjoyed your dinner and had a nice time in our restaurant. More than welcome to come back anytime.

History Gastro Lounge

Reviewed 4 March 2017 via mobile

Food ok, place looks like a Mexican renewed resto. Service was poor trying to sell and sell most expensive beers. Pricy for the quality.

Reviewed 15 January 2017 via mobile

A tragedy happened when one of my favorite places went from great to average ... I visited the place and the food quality went down and the service went down as well... the owner used to visit the tables and interact with customers ... I sure miss that... they need to refocus again on what their essence was...