“Lots to choose from”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Mexican Food, Good Prices, Nice People
Reviewed 15 March 2017

We had a hard time deciding, had enchiladas stuffed with chicken and red sauce and a order of the wonderful bean dip. The chips and salsa were terrific.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 1 March 2017 via mobile

So was walking towards Outback from the hotel when I spy Tacontento Cantina Mexicana.

I figure let's see what Mexican food in Costa Rica tastes like.

Well I should have kept walking. If you like Mexican food, this is not it. No spice. Hardly any flavor. I got the azteca soup and fajitas.

I won't even go into the margarita that tasted like a limeade.

Service was odd. I walked up to the bar. The guy behind the bar called for Maria. When I told her table for one she called for "Tony"?

He spoke English. I guess my accent gave me away.

He explains that if I need anything to push this button on the table and he'll come running. I guess my button was set for another table because I'd press it and nothing would happen. I would have to just catch him as he walked by.

This is now on the DNR list. Do not return.

They need to work on the Mexican food part and the service. Fix the button.

Oh and two kinds of tequila.

Nope. Not a fan.

Reviewed 31 December 2016

On this visit we were actually the only customers in the restaurant. This was due to holiday and timing... but anyway- we were alone with the wait staff. They actually put a push button ringer on our table and told us to push it if we need anything and then proceeded to sit at the bar and screw around on their phones. Strange. The food was decent but not served hot, the prices were high for Costa Rica standards but the food was acceptable and the area is modern and clean.

Reviewed 23 November 2016

I used to go here quite often, but a visit last weekend sealed the deal for us. We won't be back. The service was awful, it was really noisy and the taco soup bowl was only filled half full (for an $9 fare!). Too bad, because it used to be a lot better.

Reviewed 3 September 2016

What a disappointing lunch with friends today. The food was not in anyway authentic Mexican, the portions were small, the service slow and the prices were very expensive.
The waiter up sold us without telling us prices or that items such as salsa was extra