“Good service, tasty food!”
Review of Restaurante Saga

Restaurante Saga
Ranked #12 of 194 Restaurants in Escazu
Price range: US$ 20 - US$ 35
Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Saga is a modern, international food restaurant where clients can not only delight themselves with exquisite dishes, but also enjoy the tropical view like atmosphere combined with its modern architecture. In Saga, there is a prevalence of modernism in both its food and design while contrasting with the tropical ambiance of the landscape. In Saga, international food is transformed with the blending of tastes from different parts of the world. The experience is only enhanced by its already renowned gourmet bakery.
Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

I had a visit to this place on 11th June for dinner along with friends. This is a good place with great variety and options. We had tried almost all type of food here, good service and food. I had Salmon steak, they were good in listening to my customized order and served it along with coconut rice which was great! I do recommend this place.

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

A menu with good variety and reasonable prices. For starters I recommend the mozzarella “empanizada”. As a main course the tuna poki or the Mediterranean chicken. If you go with a group or for someone’s birthday you can order a Fantasía which comes with various desserts in small sizes. The service is excellent!

Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

I was there with a group of colleagues from work. Being vegetarian I asked the staff for such options. There were soups, salads and pasta dishes. About 6 vegetarian ones in total. I went for the mushroom pasta main course. It tasted okay. The staff were friendly and helpful. And the ambiance was pleasant.

Leopoldo M, Owner at Restaurante Saga, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

Dear Paul H,

Thank you for your review, we are proud of our staff, so we appreciate your comment about them.

Regarding our vegetarian food, we are evaluating our menu options in this matter, hope we will have a better offer soon, your comment about it will be helpful for us.

Best regards

Reviewed 12 February 2018

Obviously riding on their reputation because none of the four meals we had were very good. Overcooked milanesa de pollo with no flavor except the quarter cup of vinegar drowning the greens it was served with, a raw crusted tuna (ordered medium) which was still raw on the second try, the calamari in the appetizer was good but the sauce it was served with was pretty obviously mayonnaise with a bit of store bought relish added. The service was slow and inconsistent (they were medium busy but definitely not slammed) and after watching the ice melt into our drinks as they sat on a tray on the bar for over five minutes I finally went up and got them myself. Don't bother - there are dozens of much better and not (quite) so overpriced options nearby.

Leopoldo M, Owner at Restaurante Saga, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2018

Dear costaricaguide,

We want to apologize for your experiences at our restaurant, we are in the process of improve with a new team that just stared last week, there is not a excuse.

We hope we will have the chance someday to make it right for you.

Sincerely

Leopoldo Martinez

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

service cordial and helpful, environment well set and modern, menu with many fish options. I ordered a Robalo with shrimp with curry sauce. very good!