“Beautiful hotel, great location”

Residence Inn San Jose Escazu
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Escazu
Miami Beach, Florida
“Beautiful hotel, great location”
Reviewed 16 May 2012

We stayed here for one night before we flew out of SJO. I believe this was sufficient. Check in was easy and fast. The hotel is really trendy and made of glass windows.mits in a great location, within walking distance of several restaurants, boutiques, the hospital, and a Walmart. They offer a complimentary shuttle to the Multiplaza which is the mall complex but you have to catch a taxi back which was $10.00 for 6 of us. We stayed in a 2/2 which was a bit cramped but it was for one night, we were fine. There was a sleeper sofa which worked well and a small kitchenette. We loved that the hotel was in the center, there were 4 great restaurants to choose from, an IMAX theater and upscale boutique stores. While they didn't have a restaurant in the hotel, they had a snack area for a midnight snack if needed. We didn't use the pool but their laundry facility was complimentary with your own detergent. That was a plus. The hotel also served complimentary breakfast which was absolutely delicious and a great bonus for us as we left for the airport. They have 24hr taxis on standby so getting a cab to the airport was simple, it was $25.00 for two of us, the others flew out different times so idk how much it would have been for all 6 of us. All in all, we loved the hotel, great value for us....idk if I would have paid $300 a night though if it were just me or two of us for one night though...that's based on the amount of space though.

Room Tip: Four to a 2/2 is comfortable, I don't recommend 6 people in the 2/2 for more than one night.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kris J
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Nosara, Costa Rica
Reviewed 16 April 2012

You get what you pay for, if you don't mind spending more this is the place to stay. Quiet rooms comfortable beds, and a nice breakfast included. Very close to the multi plaza and walking distance to hospital Cima.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Ann Arbor
Reviewed 9 April 2012

During my stay at the end of 2011 I had $400 stolen from my room. The money was there in the morning when I left and was gone the next morning when I checked. I was the only person with access to the room other than hotel staff.
When I realized the theft I was told to fill out a report and I would be contacted. I was never contacted. I called several times and was told that the manager would get back to me, I was never contacted.
Finally on my 5th or 6th call I talked to someone in security that told me that they would look into it. I was sent a letter later that day saying that unfortunately they were unable to prove the theft or do anything about it.
I understand that because the money was not in the safe they were not responsible. I was more annoyed with the reaction to my repeated calls and refusal to address the situation.
At the time of the theft I had stayed at the hotel for almost 5 weeks on and off. Needless to say I will not return.

Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Joseph J
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Very nice and comfortable hotel with a great free breakfast every morning.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Rancho Palos Verdes, California
Reviewed 15 March 2012

They can defiantly improve on their customer service! Our room wasn’t cleaned and they weren’t helpful or friendly. Our bedroom was so small and the air conditioning blows right in your face when you sleep, most men would like that but I think I can speak for most women I hated it!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Escazu
0.7 km away
Apartotel La Sabana
#2 of 85 in San Jose
5.5 km away
Hotel Grano de Oro San Jose

Been to Residence Inn San Jose Escazu? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK