All reviews the owner wonderful hosts quepos and manuel antonio mangroves iguanas tours tree
Reviewed 23 September 2017

Marin is the amazing wonderful woman running this establishment. Facilities essentially set up for large groups but accommodations good for couples as well. Rooms are spotless clean and back up to the bayous for kayak adventures. Pool is small but serviceable. We were warmly invited in for breakfast at a long common table to join others. Breakfast was very good and plentiful. Ended up staying a second night.
Location is a kilometer or so off the highway and about 15 minutes north of Quepos. A good alternative to high priced Manuel Antonio.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2017

Our stay at the Kayak Lodge was very enjoyable. The owners were friendly and caring. She gave us 4 large avocados from her tree, which we promptly devoured with lunch. They were delicious. Our room was the large family suite which provided wonderful views of the mangroves and plenty to iguana experiences. Would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 March 2017

I actually stayed here a few years back (2010) but I've never forgotten it as it was an amazing place to stay. The owners Marleen and Bernard couldn't have been nicer to me. I was travelling alone and they made me feel so welcome and at home. Marleen took me out on a kayak tour which I loved even though it was hard work. We made our way through the river, past lots of little crabs, snakes and monkeys, all the way out to the Pacific Ocean. On the way we stopped off at a little island where only a few single men stayed in makeshift type homes. I stayed in the huge apartment next to the river which had picture windows overlooking the mangrove forest. The monkeys would come flying through the tree's over the river and climb all over the roof. Iguana's would be outside my door in the morning. I did try to post a review at the time but for one reason or the other it didn't work. I would love to go back one day as it was definitely an experience I would love to repeat.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 March 2017

We enjoyed the Kayak Lodge so much that we extended our stay an extra 2 nights and the location was close to Quepos & Manuel Antonio.
The owner, Marleen and her niece Fernanda were very attentive to our needs and accommodating. Marleen suggested that we take the Kayak mangrove tour and we were very glad we did. A 5 minute walk with your guide gets you to the kayaks and the start of the tour.
We would highly recommend the lodge to anyone who wants a relaxing environment and beautiful gardens. This p,ace is unique and has a shared cooking kitchen for the guests and breakfast is included in the price.

Room Tip: Accessibility is great and the rooms have excellent wifi coverage.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2017 via mobile

Two days is just too short here. Room large clean and comfortable. Breakfast served from 7. Staff all helpful and very friendly. Loved the kayak adventure into the Mangroves just ask reception, very knowledgeable guide. If you go for a room by the water (biggest and best room) you will see white face monkeys inspecting you in the morning. Safe parking on site. If visiting weekends only, there is a local taverna 150m in the palm forest great beer and food.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple