“Diamond in the rough”

Matobes
Ranked #3 of 82 Restaurants in Puntarenas
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 30 August 2018

I've been coming here for the past 10+ years, and it's exceptional EVERYTIME! The pizza is amazing and pasta dishes never disappoint! Wood fire and fresh ingredients with one of the best chilis I've ever had. Great warm venue as well.

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

Driving around a dark neighborhood this was the only restaurant which looked nice and attractive. Food was very good and they had nice wine to go with it. We tried pizza, pastas and the ravioli, all recommended.

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

Great italian food and moderately priced. We split a pizza and pasta. Left full and satisfied. Will return

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

Possibly the best Pizza I’ve had in Costa Rica and I’ve had a lot. Good wine and good service. I didn’t have to wait too long for it either and that’s a common problem with pizza joints in CR. My only complaint is they didn’t have Wi-Fi but absolutely worth it for that Pizza. I will be a regular while my boat is in the haulout at Sammi Manley.

Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

Overcooked pasta, we were told the seafood in the seafood pasta was fresh local. It included surimi, not very local... more like seafood mix from the local Pricemart (Costco). Owner, Toño, not very friendly.